Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
David Zaslav's dumbass will get greenlit for this shyt; he is pissing off Writers, and Directors. He alone is going to cause this strike to continue for Months.

Whats interesting is the take I heard on The Big Picture recently....what you're seeing is a streaming / tech company not respecting the content they release, nor the individuals who produced it...its just content...so, they were completely negligent regarding credits which are mandated by the industry.

For a tech company, they make mistakes like that all the time, and its just 'fixed in the next update'. If that was an erroneous feature on the new release of Instagram we wouldn't have blinked, and i'm sure the nerds at Max approached it that way.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The longer the strike goes on the long period of garbage we are gonna have come Fall into next year. :francis:

The striking writers have tons of time now to start or finish that novel they've been working on for years. Now is the time to start the next Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and Expanse

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
The longer the strike goes on the long period of garbage we are gonna have come Fall into next year. :francis:

The Director's Guild is currently considering striking in the next few weeks or month as their deal is also up, and SAG (actors) are next. Or maybe its the other way around.

And both of their fight has just as much at stake as the writers, even if there are different things they're scared of.

If the directors and actors choose to strike too, it's gonna be a long 2023/4, and you can already tell they might by the fact a lot of them are on the front lines with the writers already

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The Director's Guild is currently considering striking in the next few weeks or month as their deal is also up, and SAG (actors) are next. Or maybe its the other way around.

And both of their fight has just as much at stake as the writers, even if there are different things they're scared of.

If the directors and actors choose to strike too, it's gonna be a long 2023/4, and you can already tell they might by the fact a lot of them are on the front lines with the writers already

There is ALSO a Producer's Guild.

EVERYONE will want a cut of that Streaming Cash.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
There is ALSO a Producer's Guild.

EVERYONE will want a cut of that Streaming Cash.

It's not just about money.

It's about transparency and honesty and ensuring that tech companies (Netflix) and all the streaming companies that are chasing them don't try and turn the art form of TV and film into Silicon Valley style churn machines.

Last week's mistake where Max got rid of "Written by" and "Directed by" credits and just said "Creators" and listed everyone, including Executive Producers as the "Creators" of films and TV shows, is one example.

Another example that SAG is gonna fight against is the fact that some projects in film and TV are contractually asking actors to sign away their AI rights just to work on the projects.

A lot of this is because not only is technology advancing, but the companies who now make the most stuff are mainly not actually TV and Film companies but tech companies who don't understand the culture of people, art and creatives

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's not just about money.

It's about transparency and honesty and ensuring that tech companies (Netflix) and all the streaming companies that are chasing them don't try and turn the art form of TV and film into Silicon Valley style churn machines.

Last week's mistake where Max got rid of "Written by" and "Directed by" credits and just said "Creators" and listed everyone, including Executive Producers as the "Creators" of films and TV shows, is one example.

Another example that SAG is gonna fight against is the fact that some projects in film and TV are contractually asking actors to sign away their AI rights just to work on the projects.

A lot of this is because not only is technology advancing, but the companies who now make the most stuff are mainly not actually TV and Film companies but tech companies who don't understand the culture of people, art and creatives
This is nasty :damn:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

This is nasty :damn:
Oh shyt!!!! I couldnt believe it..........so did a google search

With all the ai stuff going on about musicians voices being used to make songs........I didnt even think about voice actors possibly getting fukked over as well

Voice actors are increasingly being asked to sign rights to their voices away so clients can use artificial intelligence to generate synthetic versions that could eventually replace them, and sometimes without additional compensation, according to advocacy organizations and actors who spoke to Motherboard. Those contractual obligations are just one of the many concerns actors have about the rise of voice-generating artificial intelligence, which they say threaten to push entire segments of the industry out of work.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I don’t really understand the logistics of all of this, but I just wish everyone could get along, get paid what they demand, and keep throwing out good movie and television content. Film and TV next year and possibly the year after will suffer greatly because of this. See the 2007 strike. Stop with the pushback and pay them as they want.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Oh shyt!!!! I couldnt believe it..........so did a google search

With all the ai stuff going on about musicians voices being used to make songs........I didnt even think about voice actors possibly getting fukked over as well
shyt technology about to body an entire industry :ohhh::damn::damn::damn:Voice actors already been fighting against established major actors taking their roles now:why:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don’t really understand the logistics of all of this, but I just wish everyone could get along, get paid what they demand, and keep throwing out good movie and television content. Film and TV next year and possibly the year after will suffer greatly because of this. See the 2007 strike. Stop with the pushback and pay them as they want.
Ego and greed are too potent:francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Yeah that's a wrap for the 2024 shows

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
David Zaslav's dumbass will get greenlit for this shyt; he is pissing off Writers, and Directors. He alone is going to cause this strike to continue for Months.

UPDATE:
On May 24, following the release of the joint statements from the DGA and WGAW, Warner Bros Discovery announced that they will correct the changes made to the Director and Writer credits and revert to individual listings.