Wrath Of Man Trailer (Starring Jason Statham)

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
This movie could have become a cult classic but the pacing was way off. There's a point about 1/3 way through the movie where they reveal his backstory and then everything falls to bits.

Rather than letting us figure it out they just show it :gucci:.. they literally drop spoilers in their own movie.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This movie could have become a cult classic but the pacing was way off. There's a point about 1/3 way through the movie where they reveal his backstory and then everything falls to bits.

Rather than letting us figure it out they just show it :gucci:.. they literally drop spoilers in their own movie.
pretty much, movie was okay until that point, then fall out a cliff

I get that this is Guy Ritchie's idea of an American thriller but he need to stick to the lakes and the rivers that he used to. I can't even promote this, it is out and about for those who are interested..

ppl like Cruella but I can't break myself to see it, plus I hate emma stone

Daps

I'm curious when folks who are real film buffs and understand the nuances of storytelling make these critiques. What do you mean about the pacing? What is it to you that would've made it fit a particular "framework"?.... I ask not antagonistically, but out of interest. I learned a bit of this a few years ago with regards to still visual art. I haven't mastered any of the criticism yet, but it has opened my eyes to how to analyze things.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Muthafuvkas is mad high but about to watch this shyt in the living room.

Shoulda watched earlier but that shark game took my whole head out the reality game! Lol

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
I'm curious when folks who are real film buffs and understand the nuances of storytelling make these critiques. What do you mean about the pacing? What is it to you that would've made it fit a particular "framework"?.... I ask not antagonistically, but out of interest. I learned a bit of this a few years ago with regards to still visual art. I haven't mastered any of the criticism yet, but it has opened my eyes to how to analyze things.

A storyteller chooses what chronological order to tell a story. This decision influences how the viewer experiences the story. That experience is what makes the story enjoyable or not. We don't really care how a movie ends but we care that we have a good time along the way. We know from the jump in most movies that the good guy wins. So this movie starts out really mysteriously. In the first scene we don't see the heist or the shooting. It's a really odd camera viewpoint from inside the truck. At this point the viewer is thinking - "oh that's mysterious, why didn't they show it.. i wonder what happened?" The viewer thinks the storyteller wants to play a game. We love games. Let's play along. Let's figure out what happened. Then the storyteller starts dropping clues here and there and we become really engrossed in figuring out what's going on. At this point we've agreed to play a guessing game and we're enjoying that game. We want to play that game. Then the storyteller suddenly tells us the entire story in 30 seconds. XX killed YY and so YY will kill XX at end of story. Oh and by the way the end is still 50 minutes away. He sucked as into a guessing game but now he wants us to watch a mediocre action set pieces.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Solid movie, probably Ritchie's most straight forward movie in awhile. A lot of his more recent stuff (late 00s to now) has been very meta and conceptual so it was nice to see him do something that was more what you see is what you get. Just a well shot violent revenge movie.

Daps
A storyteller chooses what chronological order to tell a story. This decision influences how the viewer experiences the story. That experience is what makes the story enjoyable or not. We don't really care how a movie ends but we care that we have a good time along the way. We know from the jump in most movies that the good guy wins. So this movie starts out really mysteriously. In the first scene we don't see the heist or the shooting. It's a really odd camera viewpoint from inside the truck. At this point the viewer is thinking - "oh that's mysterious, why didn't they show it.. i wonder what happened?" The viewer thinks the storyteller wants to play a game. We love games. Let's play along. Let's figure out what happened. Then the storyteller starts dropping clues here and there and we become really engrossed in figuring out what's going on. At this point we've agreed to play a guessing game and we're enjoying that game. We want to play that game. Then the storyteller suddenly tells us the entire story in 30 seconds. XX killed YY and so YY will kill XX at end of story. Oh and by the way the end is still 50 minutes away. He sucked as into a guessing game but now he wants us to watch a mediocre action set pieces.

Interesting.....and now that you put it in that context and reflecting on Ritchie's previous gangster, action flicks, he usually does wait until the end to have all the final pieces come together and you're still left shocked by the outcome even if you know the skelelton of what will happen (good guys winning).......so in your opinion he should've stated the revenge plot at the very beginning or the very end then depending on if he wanted it to just be a smash and blast sort of flick VS a story of mystery.