Would you join the Boule?

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Join? You have to be born into that shyt.

You can get grandfathered in, but you can be tapped up for membership too.

They're just picky as fukk.

As for the thread title no, lots of other ways to network without joining black versions of white fraternities.

Black skull and bones bah.....

Baba Cokely :mjcry:

Grab your notepads....this brings me back, my fam was at this lecture funnily enough.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Your story sounds similar to mines but I ain't 25. Did they put you in the grooming classes when you was a kid? I remember them, classes when i was littler. But after i graduated highschool I ain't know what I wanted to do career wise really so I kinda brush dude off just to focus on things like developing my musicianship and shyt but now that I'm older low key considering that shyt. He want to me to go into the militarty first though and than afterwards he can hook my black as up with the bourgeoisie lifestyle. A nikka tired of thots and ramen noodles. My mentor is deep into that shyt though and got a lot of connection through his brotherhood. Like he's connected to Jerry Demings and congresswoman Val Demings, knows a lot of various executives. He got a big ass house in Windermere he lives next to a retired football player and nikka has luxury cars. Only thing I don't like about bourgeoisie nikkas is that you have to walk around tailored and pompous. can't just be a nikka.
Nah.

My pops whole crew was Boule.

Sigma Pi Phi Gamma Mu Boule or some shyt.

They wanted me to join even though at the time I hadn't accomplished anything in life.

I said I'd think about it, then gave it the amount of attention you would expect of a 25 year old.

This was years ago tho. Pops isn't active anymore.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Your story sounds similar to mines but I ain't 25. Did they put you in the grooming classes when you was a kid? I remember them, classes when i was littler. But after i graduated highschool I ain't know what I wanted to do career wise really so I kinda brush dude off just to focus on things like developing my musicianship and shyt but now that I'm older low key considering that shyt. He want to me to go into the militarty first though and than afterwards he can hook my black as up with the bourgeoisie lifestyle. A nikka tired of thots and ramen noodles. My mentor is deep into that shyt though and got a lot of connection through his brotherhood. Like he's connected to Jerry Demings and congresswoman Val Demings, knows a lot of various executives. He got a big ass house in Windermere he lives next to a retired football player and nikka has luxury cars. Only thing I don't like about bourgeoisie nikkas is that you have to walk around tailored and pompous. can't just be a nikka.

Nah I don't think I went to any grooming classes as a kid, just Jack & Jill.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
You can get grandfathered in, but you can be tapped up for membership too.

They're just picky as fukk.

As for the thread title no, lots of other ways to network without joining black versions of white fraternities.

Black skull and bones bah.....

Baba Cokely :mjcry:

Grab your notepads....this brings me back, my fam was at this lecture funnily enough.

Listening now. Always meant to watch this.

And you were there? Reminds me of the time when I was 9 or 10 and my father took me to see Phil Valentine Speak. We had to be there for like 10 hours. :stopitslime:

I didn't even remember it until I saw Phil in hidden colors and asked him if that was who we saw.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Listening now. Always meant to watch this.

And you were there? Reminds me of the time when I was 9 or 10 and my father took me to see Phil Valentine Speak. We had to be there for like 10 hours. :stopitslime:

I didn't even remember it until I saw Phil in hidden colors and asked him if that was who we saw.

My fam were at this one, Ive seen Bro. Valentine 3-4x one was at one of those joints where they bring everybody out, and yeah old boy can talk, especially when he's going in.

You must have been at either somatic death lecture or Metaphysics of the Bible, SD is about 10 hrs

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I used to THINK I wanted to/would some years back when I was dating this ivy league chick. I think her parents were part of it, we'd talk about a lot of shyt I wasn't used to like family history and upbringing. shyt had me really thinking about legacy like "Damn I need to get on this level :lupe:"

Somehow I wound up a pan africanist tho :dead:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I heard them Boule dudes be hitting each other from the back

:mjlol:

I heard crips and bloods do the same thing.

Sure.

I think for most things that many black folks don't understand or can't identify with, we often attack, demonize, build up elaborate mythologies and conspiracies, when in reality, there isn't much to it.

The Boule is nothing but a group of old black men (and some middle age) that have ascertained some modicum of success and want to enjoy it with one another. Nothing else.

Where I'm from people call us "club people". We join clubs to socialize. We join clubs to volunteer. We join clubs for philanthropy. We join clubs for activity and recreation. It's just what we do. So getting an invite for something like the Boule would be expected.

Obviously, I'm not a member of the Boule (my minister is, as is two of my cousins, my girlfriends' grandfather and first cousin are, and grew up with many members with whom I call "uncle"), but I was invited to join another local black men's group that I turned down because, included among the membership were firefighters, folks that sell life insurance policies, and a few others that I don't really care to interact with on a social level. I was also invited to join 100 Black Men, which I declined as well, because I already do enough mentoring and volunteering in other organizations in which I'm involved.

I know a lot of Boule men from the Beta Boule (Chicago) and Kappa Boule (Atlanta). My only gripe with them is that, for all their affluence and levels of sophistication, most of them have horrible taste. I've seen where many of them choose to live, their choice of homes, their choice of decor, their style, and it leaves much to be desired. It's not the style and taste that is commiserate with their status. Which has always left me a bit crestfallen and even question if I would bother enough to join as I feel that many of the men's taste level isn't even on par to mine and I'm under half their ages

And for the record, it's very easy to join the Boule and other organizations like it. Here is a hack:

Many of the founding members of organizations like the Sigma Phi Phi, the Moles or Girlfriends, and Jack and Jill in my city are from my church. So current members of these organizations from my church want to ensure that the younger church members be brought in as well to keep the tradition going. Because of this, my church is wall to wall filled with BGLO's and these organizations. Even quiet non-descript people whom you would never assume, have affiliations with these organizations....that's how deep it is.

All a nikka has to do is show up to a church like mine, in any city, that had old affiliations with these organizations, and if he/she carries themselves well, the members that are currently active will bend over backwards to bring him/her in.

Dassit.:yeshrug:

I see it happen all the time with younger women, who may not have had prior ties to the organizations, but are professional and carry themselves well. Literally within maybe 2-5 years, them hoes have joined the Junior League and Links. If they have children, they already getting in Jack and Jill. That whole organization was founded damn near at my church. Same thing for the men.

It is EASY to get into these organizations if you WANT to be in them. You just have to know where to place yourself to get noticed which will lead to an invite. They WANT to bring qualified younger folks into these organizations because they are aging. If you show even the slightest interest, it's a done deal.

Last edited:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

I heard crips and bloods do the same thing.

Sure.

I think for most things that many black folks don't understand or can't identify with, we often attack, demonize, build up elaborate mythologies and conspiracies, when in reality, there isn't much to it.

The Boule is nothing but a group of old black men (and some middle age) that have ascertained some modicum of success and want to enjoy it with one another. Nothing else.

Where I'm from people call us "club people". We join clubs to socialize. We join clubs to volunteer. We join clubs for philanthropy. We join clubs for activity and recreation. It's just what we do. So getting an invite for something like the Boule would be expected.

Obviously, I'm not a member of the Boule (my minister is, as is two of my cousins, my girlfriends' grandfather and first cousin are, and grew up with many members with whom I call "uncle"), but I was invited to join another local black men's group that I turned down because, included among the membership were firefighters, folks that sell life insurance policies, and a few others that I don't really care to interact with on a social level. I was also invited to join 100 Black Men, which I declined as well, because I already do enough mentoring and volunteering in other organizations in which I'm involved.

I know a lot of Boule men from the Beta Boule (Chicago) and Kappa Boule (Atlanta). My only gripe with them is that, for all their affluence and levels of sophistication, most of them have horrible taste. I've seen where many of them choose to live, their choice of homes, their choice of decor, their style, and it leaves much to be desired. It's not the style and taste that is commiserate with their status. Which has always left me a bit crestfallen and even question if I would bother enough to join as I feel that many of the men's taste level isn't even on par to mine and I'm under half their ages

And for the record, it's very easy to join the Boule and other organizations like it. Here is a hack:

Many of the founding members of organizations like the Sigma Phi Phi, the Moles or Girlfriends, and Jack and Jill in my city are from my church. So current members of these organizations from my church want to ensure that the younger church members be brought in as well to keep the tradition going. Because of this, my church is wall to wall filled with BGLO's and these organizations. Even quiet non-descript people whom you would never assume, have affiliations with these organizations....that's how deep it is.

All a nikka has to do is show up to a church like mine, in any city, that had old affiliations with these organizations, and if he/she carries themselves well, the members that are currently active will bend over backwards to bring him/her in.

Dassit.:yeshrug:

I see it happen all the time with younger women, who may not have had prior ties to the organizations, but are professional and carry themselves well. Literally within maybe 2-5 years, them hoes have joined the Junior League and Links. If they have children, they already getting in Jack and Jill. That whole organization was founded damn near at my church. Same thing for the men.

It is EASY to get into these organizations if you WANT to be in them. You just have to know where to place yourself to get noticed which will lead to an invite. They WANT to bring qualified younger folks into these organizations because they are aging. If you show even the slightest interest, it's a done deal.

you're too bougie for the Boule. Your level of bougieness is

:scust: