Would you hire Jim Cornette

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah...I even agree with most of his takes but I would not. At most, I'd bring him in on a Consultant like basis, where he only talks to me or select people and is not really exposed to talent/staff at large or for extended periods.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Maybe as a consultant as others have said, definitely not as a full-time booker or writer.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Consultant 100%.

Dude booked Powerhouse Hobbs and Wardlow perfectly on one of his shows. He'd be invaluable in that regard.

But you can tell he let the hard-ER fly back in the day, so I'm keeping him away from all talent. Observe and advice only. :ufdup:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I wanna say no, because most of his ideas are incredibly dated and wouldn’t translate to a modern wrestling crowd. And he’s racist af and I wouldn’t be able to stop my talent from tryna send him to The Upper Room even if I wanted to.

But his few ideas that DO hit, do hit.

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
A consultant, like others have said. Jim is that textbook oldhead whose perspective reminds you that the traditional and straightway still has its place.
It's not always necessary, but it's vital and there when you need it.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Cornette said that the Bashams could've been huge stars, that should tell you all you need to know about Cornette's place in wrestling now.:mjlol:

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
I'd hire him to be a part of the developmental team like in OVW. People forget Cornette played a part in training future hall of famers such as Cena, Orton, Lesnar and Batista.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Cornette said that the Bashams could've been huge stars, that should tell you all you need to know about Cornette's place in wrestling now.:mjlol:
I know just this year he finally got over his seemingly undying hate for Sami Zayn, and I don't know if he still does but he has always hated Kevin Owens. Imagine if he had any creative input in WWE, those two might never have gotten anywhere, yet they are two of the most over acts in the company despite their respective momentums from earlier this year having largely gone to waste in recent months.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd hire him to be a part of the developmental team like in OVW. People forget Cornette played a part in training future hall of famers such as Cena, Orton, Lesnar and Batista.
He was the OVW staff member version of the AEW era CM Punk - got suspended for assaulting a wrestler, then got fired for another incident.