Would you hire Jim Cornette

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Y’all are shytting on him too much. I was never a 70s or 80s guy but when I listen to his review of current shows, I find myself agreeing with 90% of what he says. ESPECIALLY about match psychology. Wrestlers these days are awful at basic storytelling and just go from point a to point b in a match with no point to it. I would hire him to have a role in character development

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I am a casual fan at best these days but I be watching old Jim Cornette pods and interviews lately.

I love him spitting his bars

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I owned a media company I would definitely hire him to make content, if I owned a wrestling promotion no ty

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Cornette wouldn't be my head booker, but I'd add him to the booking team. I'd want my head booker to be a younger person with fresh ideas, but Cornette would be the leash to keep us somewhat grounded in reality.
Despite Cornette's past reputation as a bully, I would also let him produce some matches; specifically for the wrestlers who have trouble with selling, logic, or giving their big moves time to resonate before moving to another move.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
He can be a consultant no problem. If the show needs formatted better he can do it, you can even trust him with a major angle or two

You're gonna run into big problems though. Mainly he hasn't physically left Sisterfukker, Kentucky in 20 years and his mind hasn't left the 80s. His views on women are highly problematic, his views on minorities besides Obama are sketchy, he would not be able to get through to most of the people he'd come across daily. He can tell them what to do but bc he's mentally still riding around eating Wendys and collecting Midnight Express shrapnel p*ssy dude is a super liability. You already saw it play out on commentary

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Cornette wouldn't be my head booker, but I'd add him to the booking team. I'd want my head booker to be a younger person with fresh ideas, but Cornette would be the leash to keep us somewhat grounded in reality.
Despite Cornette's past reputation as a bully, I would also let him produce some matches; specifically for the wrestlers who have trouble with selling, logic, or giving their big moves time to resonate before moving to another move.
This. I would use Jim on a remote consultative basis only, where he doesn't directly deal with any talent, only the head booker, and some senior producers, agents, and writers.

While I don't care what Jim thinks about my big picture plans with his almost half century old preferences, he'd be great giving things a once over to make sure the details regarding believability are on point. Wrestling is basically an alternate universe so realism isn't my goal. But humans should still act like humans and common sense should be a part of all of our presentation.
  • Why is the company okay with unsanctioned fights and heinous deeds taking place all the time with no repercussions?
  • Why is this wrassler just letting their opponent do things to them, either through not trying to fight out of a hold or throw or waiting a ridiculous amount of time for an aerial setup?
  • Shouldn't we acknowledge that the camera exists and people should act like they know it's there?
  • Shouldn't big moments feel like big moments by saving them for the right times, be it blood, crazy stunts, head/neck bumps, or weapons?
There are a ton more of these things that can be tweaked for the better without compromising what we do overall. Jim is too old school and I doubt he'd even accept a position where this is all he gets to do but for as wrong as about a lot of his overall preferences, he's still right about all these things. And on the occasions where the companies get these things right, the crowd still responds more strongly because certain things will never go out of style because they're human nature.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He can be a consultant no problem. If the show needs formatted better he can do it, you can even trust him with a major angle or two

You're gonna run into big problems though. Mainly he hasn't physically left Sisterfukker, Kentucky in 20 years and his mind hasn't left the 80s. His views on women are highly problematic, his views on minorities besides Obama are sketchy, he would not be able to get through to most of the people he'd come across daily. He can tell them what to do but bc he's mentally still riding around eating Wendys and collecting Midnight Express shrapnel p*ssy dude is a super liability. You already saw it play out on commentary
:leon:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
What has Cornette done booking wise since TNA to be considered for anything? He just be talking shyt on his podcast for income :mjlol:

Last edited:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
He knows more finishes than most wrestlers have forgot. I've seen him come up with angles that are good and make sense off the top of the dome. If an announcer calls out sick he can do commentary. If a team needs a manager he can be a mouthpiece. i'd probably hire him. Probably as a silent consultant for the agents and bookers.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Only if he worked remotely for documentary work. In no way, shape, of form would I even let him come within 500 feet of a mic or the talent or be involved with creative in any capacity. Man is a racist who still thinks it’s the 80s territory days when it comes to wrestling.