Would you consider Haile Selassie a c00n?(Martin Garvey ethers Haile Selassie)

frankster

Rookie
Daps
:sas2:

EgyptSearch Forums: Halie Selassie - 'I am not a Negro at all'

:mjpls:Whats the verdict. Was he a product of his time or was he a selfhating c00n who distanced himself from other African leaders inorder to get in bed with cacs

edit: Theres something wrong with the font, its not a deduction
Menelik said he was a "caucasian" or what historians of the time called "Black Caucasians" - Hamitic Hypothesis...He was not saying he is not African.
Hamites are Northern and Eastern Africans (horn of Africa especially)...Socalled Black skinned Aryans/Caucasians.
The Hamitic Hypothesis was accepted knowledge at the time in western academia.
to paraphrase James Baldwin " I am not a "******" I am an American."...yes that's not what he said but you get the drift.

Haile Selassie is Not a Negro......He is an African
Negro is a spanish word/term (meaning black) european racist used to identify Africans as inferior....especially those that were or are enslaved and their descendants.
As Emperor one has to make decision that are not only sometimes unpopular but straight up political and martial.

I don't consider him a c00n, he can have his view and how he views himself and his people. The Pan-African wants everyone to be the same even though they're not.

Jamaicans needed to find identity in themselves not some random ethiopian, and not a group of people they're far removed from either.
In the 1930's the idea of a black man being a King muchless an Emperor was revolutionary.....Added to that the fact that he can be trace back to King David makes HIM - Divine. RastaFari could not resist the opportunity he presented in freeing the mass of black peoples from white christian indoctrination.

A lot of pleas being copped in this thread. If this is true he was a coward and a c00n.
It is more important to win the war ....than the battle.
He Who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.....its not cowardice it.s wisdom.

I forgot where I read it, but there was a passage that stated that Selassie wanted Ethiopia colonized like other African countries so it can become "modernized." And that was his true appeal for going to the conference in Geneva.:mjpls:

Not saying I believe, but if I find it, I'll post it. It was a few years back
Selassie wanted to industrialize Ethiopia....Not to be colonized
Europeans refuse to share the basics of industrialization with any African Country from then till today and would destroy any such attempt by any African countries....
Meiji Japan was the first non-european country to be industrialize/modernize.
Industrialization of Non-european nations was seen as a threat to europeans global hegemony

Last edited: