Would you consider Haile Selassie a c00n?(Martin Garvey ethers Haile Selassie)

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
I don't want to believe Hallie was a c00n. Sounds like he was confused and didn't understand the modern concepts of race, or scientific racism.

Scientists and theologians of that time period used to infuse blatant racism into their research.
By calling North and East Africans 'caucasian', scientists get to claim the ancient and biblical world we're made up of dark skin Caucasians (aka middle easteners aka dark tanned white people).

In reality, there are numerous ethnic groups in modern day Ethiopia- can add Eritrea and Somalia too. I'd bet all my coli cash that many of those groups would not fall under the label "caucasian", especially in modern times.

I would consider them the direct descendants of the original Shemites. Shemites are Africans that lived in parts of Arabia and East Africa during biblical and quranic times.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovinโ€ฆ
Until Ethiopians themselves break this Judeo-Christian ceiling that's been put over the history, this discussion will only continue. It's up to Ethiopians themselves to delve deeper into the past in order to claim the real roots of the Abyssinian and all of the other ethnic groups within Ethiopia. Thankfully, that's been changing gradually since the end of WWII.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
You got the power to dismantle an entire religion in the palm of of your hand breh:wow:

Daps
Lets not confuse Menelik II with Selassie. Nowhere in the op is Selassie saying, "I'm Caucasian".

Op is littered with heresay and irreputable nonsense. The man who led to the establishment of the Organization of African Unity in Ethiopia is far from a c00n.

A lot of jealousy in this thread.

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps
its true, horners are black but they aint negroes

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im comparing Haile selasie to the average subsaharan African and his statements regarding his racial identity. Im just saying if youve never interacted with other races and your "other" was a nilotic serf from the Ethiopian rift valley, you would think youre not related to those people and you otherise them. Kind of like how germanic people otherised italians before they were exposed to other races and later realise that they may be racially similar inspite of the regional variations.
. If youve never met any other races, an African would think these two were never related inspite of the fact that they both call Ethiopia home and they both have a common east african ancestor
Amhara - Northern Ethiopia
haile_selassie_interview_with_editor_of_the_voice_of_ethiopia_april_05_1948_.jpg

Gambella - South west Ethiopia

koang_rambang_-2-b9080.jpg

are you high nikka? These two have nothing to do with each other lmao

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I forgot where I read it, but there was a passage that stated that Selassie wanted Ethiopia colonized like other African countries so it can become "modernized." And that was his true appeal for going to the conference in Geneva.:mjpls:

Not saying I believe, but if I find it, I'll post it. It was a few years back

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps
Related to Haile Selassie