Worst Conscious Rappers of all time?

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
For me, I gotta go with the ol' tired and true, Hopsin. For me, i look at him as more so wasted potential if anything, gotta give credit when credit is do, as he can spit and treats his fans better than a lot of rappers, but there's nothing really else noteworthy about him.

Case in point some tracks he did that I fukked with, and still find kinda decent to this day.

^ This to me is what I mean by wasted potential, catchy song, pretty decent video for it's time, and he showcases his ability as a story teller of a rapper.

But why do I put him in the category of worst conscious rapper through? Let's start off with his most famous song as of 2015.

This is almost like a parody of itself, on the surface level, I'd say it's pretty straight forward with it's criticisms of how certain people in his mind, destructively live there life. It's understandable as a musician that you have to point out the ills that are bothering you and want to call out on. However, there's one part of the third verse that I always found troubling, even to this day:

Man, why do black people gotta be the only ones who can't evolve
Cause you in the streets acting like a neanderthal
It's clear you can't stand the law,
you're lost as an abandoned dog
And all you're interested in is fighting, rapping, and basketball
I can't even fukk with you, cause if we out in public
You gon' get caught stealing some shyt and get my ass in trouble, too

This is where I kinda gave him as a rapper the :camby: the average rhyming, the dehumanization of black people, and the hypocrisy was just too much to bare and for me as a fan of music to take seriously.

So, who do you guys think would also fall under the title of WOAT Conscious rapper?

I never even bothered to check for his music he was always corny to me.. but that is about in line with what he's all about.

He made that 'you're the reason why white people hate black people" comment to Lord Jamar. back when he made his comments about Macklemore.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

Cornel_West.jpg