Worst Conscious Rappers of all time?

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
For me, I gotta go with the ol' tired and true, Hopsin. For me, i look at him as more so wasted potential if anything, gotta give credit when credit is do, as he can spit and treats his fans better than a lot of rappers, but there's nothing really else noteworthy about him.

Case in point some tracks he did that I fukked with, and still find kinda decent to this day.

^ This to me is what I mean by wasted potential, catchy song, pretty decent video for it's time, and he showcases his ability as a story teller of a rapper.

But why do I put him in the category of worst conscious rapper through? Let's start off with his most famous song as of 2015.

This is almost like a parody of itself, on the surface level, I'd say it's pretty straight forward with it's criticisms of how certain people in his mind, destructively live there life. It's understandable as a musician that you have to point out the ills that are bothering you and want to call out on. However, there's one part of the third verse that I always found troubling, even to this day:

Man, why do black people gotta be the only ones who can't evolve
Cause you in the streets acting like a neanderthal
It's clear you can't stand the law,
you're lost as an abandoned dog
And all you're interested in is fighting, rapping, and basketball
I can't even fukk with you, cause if we out in public
You gon' get caught stealing some shyt and get my ass in trouble, too

This is where I kinda gave him as a rapper the :camby: the average rhyming, the dehumanization of black people, and the hypocrisy was just too much to bare and for me as a fan of music to take seriously.

So, who do you guys think would also fall under the title of WOAT Conscious rapper?

STFARN

Banned
Daps
Its easier to turn your cheek and reject someones opinon instead of trying to understand and empathize with others beliefs and opinions.

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
K-Nectarino

ram%20krino.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Also OP you shouldnt be surprised by Hopsin's disses towards blacks. Most of his fanboys are socially awkward corny nerdy white suburban kids.

But the thing I dislike about Hopsin the most is that he is not only a hypocrite like you said, but he thinks he has the right to judge/lecture all other rappers and people in general when he is not only a wack and failed rapper, but dropped out of school! So he definitely fits the "stereotypical black male" in that aspect. How is he different?

Plus his constantly dissing other rappers has become stale, boring and annoying. Especially since no rapper besides Soulja Boy(lol) has ever responded to his disses. His disses never worked or elevated his career. His diss towards Tyler didnt do jack.

Can't believe I use to stan this cornball back in HS. Had really BAD taste in music in HS...:snoop: