World’s Longest Glass Bridge, 590ft High, Opens In China – Tourists Too Scared To Walk It

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I guess my question is... why?

As an engineer, I realize there are always tradeoffs when designing anything, but in all cases, you want to use the best tool (or in this case, material) for the job.
I can't imagine a scenario where the designers of a BRIDGE decided that an amorphous solid (glass) was the best choice in terms of safety, reliability, or longevity. Only thing I can think of is cost and wow factor, but those are incredibly shortsighted requirements to design to when building a bridge.

Sure, it looks cool and it was bound to make the newspapers, but we're not talking about a sculpture here, we're talking about a bridge and people's lives.
In conclusion, the engineer in me is :smh: at this shyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:francis: This is not a good idea.... it would be good if this glass bridge had a hard plastic foundation in the middle of the glass or something but a pure glass bridge????

0bFI60P.png

Chronic

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm: I just noticed they need to wear special shoes cover when crossing it either to prevent slipping or so the glass don't get scratched.