cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
if you read the book then you are already infected and anxiously awaiting
the movie like i am. i heard they have taken a different trajectory with
the plot with the movie. it will not be a second hand transcription of the
survivors. it will be a U.N. official living through the Zombie Apocalypse.

i wish they would have stuck to the way the book told the story, but they got Pitt as the main character and could not have him as "just the story teller". they had to make him the main character...ironic because Max Brooks stated that he wanted to remove himself as much as possible from the story in the book.

still can't wait for it.

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
any word on when it MIGHT drop?
havent heard anything new on this in a while, not since i heard Brad Pitt was to star in this

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I heard it was December 21, 2012 :leon:

Edit nope June 21, 2013

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
oh boy....looks like i might skip this one

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Book was great but the movie sounds like :trash:

What made the book interesting was all the different stories from different characters around the world. You cant have a character just insterted into all of them during the outbreak. Brad Pitt usually delivers so ill wait and see but doesnt sound promising if youre a fan of the book.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I listened to the book's audio on youtube while I worked and it was phenomenal...focusing on one character's experience through the apocalypse though...that completely takes away from what made the book so powerful.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I listened to the book's audio on youtube while I worked and it was phenomenal...focusing on one character's experience through the apocalypse though...that completely takes away from what made the book so powerful.

agreed.
telling the story from the point of view of a person who is recording the aftermath was genius. all of those stories could have been shown as flashbacks with each interview....leave a half hour at the end of the movie to let Pitt get his swag on as he recalls his own memories and you have a winner.

destroying what made the book so unique is unforgivable...i'll still see the movie though.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Book was great but the movie sounds like :trash:

What made the book interesting was all the different stories from different characters around the world. You cant have a character just insterted into all of them during the outbreak. Brad Pitt usually delivers so ill wait and see but doesnt sound promising if youre a fan of the book.

Movie is getting good reviews. Which is surprising with all the development trouble.

Looks like they fixed it.