World of Warcraft: Dragonflight 11/28/2022 (Official Thread)

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
wow-dragonflight-button-1-1650398895381.jpg

Join forces with the dragonflights of Azeroth as they return to the Dragon Isles, a lost realm of magic and wonder. There await the dracthyr evokers, an all-new playable race and class of humanoid dragonkin who stand ready to join the ranks of the Horde and Alliance.

Pre-purchase World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight now to unlock a trove of items to aid you in your coming adventures. All items are available immediately unless otherwise noted.

0368111cd11b6ac3ba75943dc9f15ad6-wow-10-pp-product-feature-cards-evoker-960x540-RD02.png

Unleash the Power of the Dracthyr Evoker​

Become a Dracthyr Evoker, an ancient race of winged humanoid dragonkin recently awoken on the Dragon Isles. Dracthyr Evokers are BOTH a new playable race AND a new playable class, which can specialize into Preservation (healer) or Devastation (ranged magic damage).

9cbdc648a9bd4e0da4bcec9c1977fb11-wow-10-pp-product-feature-cards-env4-960x540.png

Explore the Mythical Dragon Isles​

The Dragon Isles have remained hidden for 10,000 years since the time of the Great Sundering. Now, their forgotten shores reawaken with primal energy, beckoning brave explorers from the Horde and Alliance.

55903003af4a0fbc4ddb5655114a72b9-wow-10-pp-product-feature-quest-to-70.png

Level to 70​

Rise to new heights of power as you progress to level 70 with potent new abilities, all supported by the return of newly revamped talent trees.

Did not see a thread, so I decided to make one for the WOW brehs like this marsupial. So far the alpha looks pretty promising and a step in the right direction for World of Warcraft after the nonsense of Blizzard, along with the mid expansions (BFA and sadly Shadowlands).

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Decided to play WoW last year for the first time since Mists of Pandaria. Went through legion which was great but BFA and especially Shadowlands was super horrible. So far been hearing nothing but good things for Dragonflight.

Its kinda going back to the basics to whatever the hell WOW been doing over the past few years. We went from "FOR THE HORDE!" to fighting robots and shyt (which I don't really mind because I like that futuristic type of stuff).

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I dove back into WoW earlier this year after a 12 year layoff. It was decent but there is just too many questions that you have to spend hours googling to get answered. For instance, when I jumped back into the game, the game allowed me to level up really quickly. It let me pick from a starter area or the regular area. But there was no real explanation about this. Were there advantages and disadvantages to choosing one or the other? Then you were able to choose a time warp or some shyt where you could essentially play through the content of any expansion that you wanted to and the world would change itself based on that. First off I didn't even know that existed when I started playing again. Then when I did find out about it, it was confusing as hell so again, there goes me having to dive off into google to figure it all out. There were so many bits and pieces like that that I just felt like I could never catch up. I just got tired of all of it and decided to bow out. Grouping up was easier, but there was no communication and you had people running through dungeons in a minute or two just destroying everything. Then a bunch of loot drop alerts would pop up on the screen and I don't know if I got it or someone else got it. It was just a big ball of confusion for no reason. Almost like everyone was in a rush. But at the same time, the game is designed to keep you playing for hours anyway, so why all the rushing?

By the time I got to the endgame portion and having to go through all those bullshyt covenant storylines just to be able to fly my mount around in the new area, I knew my time with WoW was at an end. Probably forever. I'm good with it though. shyt changes.

:yeshrug:

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I dove back into WoW earlier this year after a 12 year layoff. It was decent but there is just too many questions that you have to spend hours googling to get answered. For instance, when I jumped back into the game, the game allowed me to level up really quickly. It let me pick from a starter area or the regular area. But there was no real explanation about this. Were there advantages and disadvantages to choosing one or the other? Then you were able to choose a time warp or some shyt where you could essentially play through the content of any expansion that you wanted to and the world would change itself based on that. First off I didn't even know that existed when I started playing again. Then when I did find out about it, it was confusing as hell so again, there goes me having to dive off into google to figure it all out. There were so many bits and pieces like that that I just felt like I could never catch up. I just got tired of all of it and decided to bow out. Grouping up was easier, but there was no communication and you had people running through dungeons in a minute or two just destroying everything. Then a bunch of loot drop alerts would pop up on the screen and I don't know if I got it or someone else got it. It was just a big ball of confusion for no reason. Almost like everyone was in a rush. But at the same time, the game is designed to keep you playing for hours anyway, so why all the rushing?

By the time I got to the endgame portion and having to go through all those bullshyt covenant storylines just to be able to fly my mount around in the new area, I knew my time with WoW was at an end. Probably forever. I'm good with it though. shyt changes.

:yeshrug:

• The game is mainly designed to breeze through for the main course (endgame)
  • Classic WOW basically covers the issues with the game if you want that old school feel (WOTLK on the way tho)
  • Time warps are good if you want older content but without the issues of the older content
  • Grouping is hit and miss, it really depends on the timing and the folks you are paired up with (I had some good raids lately but shyt dungeon runs)
  • Addons fix most of the issues with the game
  • Most people are in a rust because on the real, the story is shyt. Might as well read the books for the actual lore because in the game lmao.
All in all, is not for everybody and I dig it. MMOs in general are in a weird place right now, where gatcha shyt is the main focus and only the 5 jugganaunts are making a killing (ESO, Runescape, WOW, FF14, GW2).

I play WOW because its the only game besides Minecraft that got me through shyt and keeps me engaged. I'm hoping Dragonflight will bring back that spark of how it used to be. Its a shame that Blizzard ruined their rep because WOW still is the shyt despite the hiccups.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Low key I can't wait. I always wanted to play that jawn when it was hyped up in 08.

Best xpan. It introduced features that cattered to casuals (heirlooms fot faster XP and eventually dungeon finder at the end of the xpan) but still attending to those who r hard core players.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Plus that trailer breh :banderas:

The login screen music and animations. So many damn memories :wow:

I started in Wrath, so when Classic dropped, i played it for this one reason shortly after it was confirmed that Wrath servers would be coming. I immensely enjoyed leveling in Vanilla (challenging and fun) and raiding in TBC during these past two years since i never got to experience them. But the time has come....I been waiting for this moment the past few years to relive the best game that i ever played :mjcry:

i got that whole week off so im ready :blessed:

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The login screen music and animations. So many damn memories :wow:

I started in Wrath, so when Classic dropped, i played it for this one reason shortly after it was confirmed that Wrath servers would be coming. I immensely enjoyed leveling in Vanilla (challenging and fun) and raiding in TBC during these past two years. But the time has come....I been waiting for this moment the past few years to relive the best game that i ever played :mjcry:

i got that whole week off so im ready :blessed:

:mjcry:I should have just made this thread for Wrath than Dragonflight lol. Everything about that expansion screamed "MMORPG", from the GOAT antagonist to a cold winter setting.