Working for your oppressor...

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Does this fat sloppy nikka do speaking engagements?

He's dope.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Does this fat sloppy nikka do speaking engagements?

He's dope.
kobe-laugh.gif

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you should write out a concrete plan, start up a group on here, send out invites and present your idea before completely dismissing everyone here as just talk, unless that applies to you too :yeshrug:

It's not a bad idea. Lot of posters here, dont know how many but say you get 500 people to put up $5 each thats $2500 which depending on the goal that's a good chunk to have. Say someone wants to start a lawn care service, that amount pretty much covers the equipment.
This may sound weak and I wouldn't fault if you said it did but, I see no reason to even try. :mjcry:

But, hopefully this short film I'm working on will shine some light on the possibilities we have when we work as a team for our interests towards a common goal. And I'm doing it with nothing but black folks not a single white soul will have anything to do it with it.

Proof of concept>talking

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing that people get caught up in is the "immediacy" of things. In order to save 2k (let's assume you make an extra 200 of expendable income each month) it would take you ten months to save that money. I know some people that can put that away and some that can't and (most unfortunately) some that wont. Things aren't going to change overnight and I think that is the most difficult thing for most people to cope with.

Not everyone has the entrepreneurial spirit. Some people don't think of it as "their oppressor" because they don't feel oppressed. I know our board of directors where I work is headed by a white man and I am working tirelessly, developing myself through education, and saving my money to be in business for myself soon; not because of my "oppressor" because I want to be independent.

Where we need to start is empowering ourselves. Saying someone is your "oppressor" directly gives them power. What we should focus on is getting educated, saving our money, and pulling each other upward.
I feel you but, we can't sugar coat and pretend we aren't oppressed. When you know your oppressed if you have the will to work with others to escape and transform your situation that's the way to go.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
I feel you but, we can't sugar coat and pretend we aren't oppressed. When you know your oppressed if you have the will to work with others to escape and transform your situation that's the way to go.

I'm not saying we aren't oppressed, but who we work for is hardly the sole issue. I don't personally like to just say that "I am oppressed" or "I am a victim" because I control my circumstances (to a reasonable degree...I don't want to nor am I trying to argue white supremacy and how real it is). We can't be victims and blame everything outward. The statement itself "You are working for your oppressor" indicates that the "you" pronoun has a job. With that job "you" make income and what "you" choose to do with that income is up to "you". We can't buy Jordans and weed or other frivolous things and then complain about not having the funds to start our own economy. We need to look at what we do have and start to pull resources together.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying we aren't oppressed, but who we work for is hardly the sole issue. I don't personally like to just say that "I am oppressed" or "I am a victim" because I control my circumstances (to a reasonable degree...I don't want to nor am I trying to argue white supremacy and how real it is). We can't be victims and blame everything outward. The statement itself "You are working for your oppressor" indicates that the "you" pronoun has a job. With that job "you" make income and what "you" choose to do with that income is up to "you". We can't buy Jordans and weed or other frivolous things and then complain about not having the funds to start our own economy. We need to look at what we do have and start to pull resources together.
True. That's all true but we can't just say we are something we're not. 98% of us work for the people who control our lives and control who has what and who doesn't. Which is why our unemployment is high. And what I say is that we have to take control of our lives and provide the needs ourselves independent of anyone else. We are oppressed just cause a few of us are doing okay and have the guidance to get things done doesn't mean we all do. With that in mind we have to realize we are not doing good what so ever collectively and we must assess it accordingly void of personal views. The seriousness of our plight calls for complete honesty and transparency of what we are currently living and what we have to do to get to where we want to go, which is economic freedom. Working for non-blacks isn't economic freedom.. I work for cacs and for my self and until I break free completely they control a degree of my life and I'm oppressed. Call a spade a spade. Remember historical context. Know who the enemy is. Follow a code of conduct/ethics and do for self and for your people.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Group economics is an illusion. All the black people with money are not investing it to create businesses and jobs. The dollar is about to crash,.so how is group economic going to help black people when this place turns into 1929?

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Plant your economic liberation seeds breh...

Group economics is an illusion. All the black people with many are not investing it to create businesses and jobs. The dollar is about to crash,.so how is group economic going to help black people when this place turns into 1929?

However this is a great point too.....

This is why its nice to see pundits that are different "universes" come together to discuss things........like when Max Keiser was talking with Tariq Nasheed...........I've listened to both in their separate lanes, but its powerful when their core audiences get hear something out side of their particular area of focus

Last edited:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
True. That's all true but we can't just say we are something we're not. 98% of us work for the people who control our lives and control who has what and who doesn't. Which is why our unemployment is high. And what I say is that we have to take control of our lives and provide the needs ourselves independent of anyone else. We are oppressed just cause a few of us are doing okay and have the guidance to get things done doesn't mean we all do. With that in mind we have to realize we are not doing good what so ever collectively and we must assess it accordingly void of personal views. The seriousness of our plight calls for complete honesty and transparency of what we are currently living and what we have to do to get to where we want to go, which is economic freedom. Working for non-blacks isn't economic freedom.. I work for cacs and for my self and until I break free completely they control a degree of my life and I'm oppressed. Call a spade a spade. Remember historical context. Know who the enemy is. Follow a code of conduct/ethics and do for self and for your people.

I think we are saying close to the same things (and I appreciate an intelligent conversation :salute:)

I guess to me, we need to focus on getting out of the cycle than wallowing in it. We need to choose to make good decisions collectively, but that starts with the individual.

We can raise our employment rate by reinvesting in black businesses so they can hire black children (teenagers) and give them guidance

The issue though is that you and I both have jobs but we won't invest in each other. We focus on the wrong things. You and I are in a position to have a lively debate and we are relatively comfortable (I'm assuming). I think my main point is in line with yours, but as I mentioned it takes time. Nothing is going to change overnight and in this case overnight could mean 2 decades. But in those two decades we need to evaluate our plight and be honest (as you mentioned) but we need to also acknowledge our role in things. If we aren't saving our money and reinvesting in businesses ourselves, we won't ever be able to change things. It starts with those of us who do have more economic and time freedom.

To me, though, any minute spent on worrying the color of the person who signs my checks is a minute wasted. For me, not for everyone, getting to the finish line isn't about focusing on how I can't make it (oppression) it's about focusing on how I am going to make it (empowerment). I think our mindset is the same though

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we are saying close to the same things (and I appreciate an intelligent conversation :salute:)

I guess to me, we need to focus on getting out of the cycle than wallowing in it. We need to choose to make good decisions collectively, but that starts with the individual.

We can raise our employment rate by reinvesting in black businesses so they can hire black children (teenagers) and give them guidance

The issue though is that you and I both have jobs but we won't invest in each other. We focus on the wrong things. You and I are in a position to have a lively debate and we are relatively comfortable (I'm assuming). I think my main point is in line with yours, but as I mentioned it takes time. Nothing is going to change overnight and in this case overnight could mean 2 decades. But in those two decades we need to evaluate our plight and be honest (as you mentioned) but we need to also acknowledge our role in things. If we aren't saving our money and reinvesting in businesses ourselves, we won't ever be able to change things. It starts with those of us who do have more economic and time freedom.

To me, though, any minute spent on worrying the color of the person who signs my checks is a minute wasted. For me, not for everyone, getting to the finish line isn't about focusing on how I can't make it (oppression) it's about focusing on how I am going to make it (empowerment). I think our mindset is the same though
We pretty much saying the same thing just a little different. And I know it's gonna dltake a while but we gotta plant those seeds. For instance my family are pooling money to start small businesses right now. We are using our intellect and collective success to fund it and since we are all on the same page it is going down easy as hell. Next we can start investing heavily in other black owned things. I'm making a short film on the process of buying land, growing food, creating products, and selling them. Will be out next year. Doing it for free as a guideline for liberation for those who can receive things in video format. That's our contribution for now.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I hear people talking about our own business a lot. What kind of business? Who is the target market?

Are y'all nikkas really that damn clueless :dahell:?

You can start a business on damn near anything nowadays. These nikkas are making damn near 100k/mo in revenue selling shaving subscription boxes (wetshaveclub.com).

Do some resesrch and figure out what you can sell to people who live in the same city as you. Find any small business/entrepreneurial meetings and start attending. Contact the small business administration in your city and speak to an advisor. Reach out to CORE and get in contact with a small business mentor.

There's a million businesses you can start at any time, but you gotta get off your ass and start doing your part.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i gave up the idea of working for cacs early, my first job outta college showed me hold they purposely hold us back....i remember when my manager promoted a degenerate over me and i was overqualified for the job....then that's when it hit me :ohhh: "you just have to work harder" that they preach to us was just to keep our asses on the bottom and keep working hard for nothing in return

i also learn that whites are lzay and blacks indeed work hard, just just apart of white supremacist brainwashing to paint us as lazy fools