Women of the coli how much do you expect your engagement ring to cost?

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
You put a price tag on love and then wonder why it lost its value.

No men don't put a price tag on love, we wouldn't put any price on love if it was our choice. You think men would spend thousands on a shiny rock they don't wear if they didn't "have" to? :russ:

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
:comeon:Im just gonna answer the question...im not gonna get into semantics today with yall.

Roughly 3,000..if i had to guess..but whatever he purchases for me is fine, as long as its from the heart and its not a ring pop, onion ring, or mood ring..Im more interested in the meaning and the effort

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:Im just gonna answer the question...im not gonna get into semantics today with yall.

Roughly 3,000..if i had to guess..but whatever he purchases for me is fine, as long as its from the heart and its not a ring pop, onion ring, or mood ring..Im more interested in the meaning and the effort

:obama:

good women...your step father raised you well :mjpls:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
No men don't put a price tag on love, we wouldn't put any price on love if it was our choice. You think men would spend thousands on a shiny rock they don't wear if they didn't "have" to? :russ:

That was directed at women who define how much they are worth by how much their rings cost. And this is coming from a pro-capitalism standpoint too. Women complain about being treated like "property" or "objects" but don't realize that the purpose of an engagement ring is simple. This is a shiny rock. You are a dumb woman. Wear this CHAIN (yes that's the origins of why it's a ring) and as long as you wear this ring I OWN you. Yes. Wives are husbands property. Essentially you're "luring" in a stupid woman with a piece of jewelry that denotes that you own her. But people never think about that.

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps

Thanks for the link. That same link states though:

Two periods in history show large numbers of unmarried black women. The first is from 1880 to 1930, when more than 1 in 5 was widowed. The second is the period between 1980 and now, when marriage rates among black people sharply declined.

That indicates what others have been noting and observing that marriages are declining. Domestic partnerships however maybe increasing, have to re-read to see if they talk about that.

This is interesting, but disturbing also:

the number of divorces has not been significantly higher for black people at any point in history. Divorces among black and white people doubled in the 1980s. However, today, 7,133,594 (nearly 70%) black children do not have both a mother and father in the home primarily because their parents were never married. Fifty-four percent of black children only have a mother in the home, 7 percent only have a father in the home, and 9 percent have neither a mother nor a father in the home. Interestingly, the number and percent of single black mothers and fathers are currently at historic highs.

Do you know or have the original link to their study? This is more of the condensed version for public consumption and can leave things out when they do that.

Also that part of your quote is using women from the age group 35 and up to "pad the stats" as they say. There is no guarantee that 90s and naughts (00s) babies will behave in a similar manner as their older counterparts.... Especially since, in the same link they state since the 80s marriages have declining for all, which indicates a trend. Either way appreciate the link.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse

nice contradiction, men "have to" because the bytch requires it

no real man marries bytches in 2012, we off that

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Thanks for the link. That same link states though:

That indicates what others have been noting and observing that marriages are declining. Domestic partnerships however maybe increasing, have to re-read to see if they talk about that.

This is interesting, but disturbing also:

Do you know or have the original link to their study? This is more of the condensed version for public consumption and can leave things out when they do that.

Also that part of your quote is using women from the age group 35 and up to "pad the stats" as they say. There is no guarantee that 90s and naughts (00s) babies will behave in a similar manner as their older counterparts.... Especially since, in the same link they state since the 80s marriages have declining for all, which indicates a trend. Either way appreciate the link.

Still according to most sources 42% of black women don't get married which means over 50% of bw do get married.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$1000 max is what i'm looking to spend just out of principle. If i was making 10.000 a month sure, but a grown woman should know the value of a dollar and appreciate what she has. It's infantile really. You're trying to start your life together, no time/money/energy to spend on keeping up appearances with rings and weddings. I got some muslim friends, converted white dude of all people, spend about 1000 on a dinner for family and friends, bring in an imam to make it official and keep it moving. Simple wedding band on the finger, how much is that, 100/200 no more? Solemn. Perfect.
shyt bothers me, as if spending more makes your life together more legitimate or special.