Women in Texas testify about the trauma caused by the Texas abortion laws forcing them to carry pregnancies with complications to term

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's see if women in texas go out to vote massively this upcoming election.
thats all there really is to say at this point

50 percent of voters in texas, and every state, are women. if they dont punish the fukk outta republicans in 2024 :yeshrug:because they sure have the power to

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
thats all there really is to say at this point

50 percent of voters in texas, and every state, are women. if they dont punish the fukk outta republicans in 2024 :yeshrug:because they sure have the power to
People underestimate every election cycle that half of white women vote to uphold whiteness rather than progress women’s rights. Let’s see if that holds true again

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Me and my bf disagree on abortion. His mom gave birth to him when she was 15 and all the adults were trying to convince her to abort him. Now he thinks no woman should have the choice because his mom was able to do a good job raising him despite those odds. It's such a turn off. I try to explain to him that there's literally kids in this world who hate their life and wish they were never born but he has tunnel vision on the issue.

Why don't you leave him and find a man pro abortion?

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
One immature belief is not a deal breaker to me. He doesn't speak disrespectful about women who had abortions but I know he has an extreme biased support for unwanted fetuses.
giphy.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

"Single-issue abortion voters, either pro or con, are pretty much the worst Americans that America creates." :deadrose:

Love Irami!

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/10
NEW: Abortion bans are fueling domestic violence in Texas.

The leading cause of death for pregnant women is homicide, often by an abusive partner with a gun. And Texas is forcing victims to stay pregnant, while making it easier for abusers to get guns.

2/10
I've covered policy impacts on domestic violence victims for years, and when Roe fell I wondered how abortion bans would effect victims especially since pregnancy is such a dangerous time for them.

3/10
After months of reporting, experts tell me initial research shows that DV reports are increasing nationally but we're likely seeing it play out first in Texas.

For a couple of reasons:

4/10
1) TX was the first to severely restrict abortion in 2021, forcing women to stay pregnant nearly a year before Roe fell.

5/10
2) This exposed DV victims to more violence with fewer ways to escape because pregnancy is an extremely dangerous time for victims.

Pregnant+postpartum women are more than twice as likely to be murdered than to die from sepsis, hypertensive disorders or hemorrhage.

6/10
3) TX has the largest rate of gun sales in the country and continues to have lax firearm restrictions.

The state is so firearm friendly that gun rights groups chose it as the testing ground for a SCOTUS case that will determine if domestic abusers get to keep their guns.

7/10
In the last decade, the amount of women shot + killed by an abuser has nearly doubled in Texas.

If SCOTUS sides with gun groups, "lives will be lost,"
@ndvh 's Crystal Justice told me.

8/10
4) The shelters & nonprofits trying to help DV victims navigate this new landscape are put in an impossible bind.

Many are funded by the very institution that enacted + enforces the abortion ban: the state of Texas.

9/10
Survivors + advocacy workers tell me they're terrified that this new normal will lead to more dead women in Texas.

Read more here: How Texas Created A Deadly New Normal For Domestic Violence Victims

10/10
One in three women are in abused in Texas. And the majority of those women in abusive relationships are raped by their partners to get them pregnant and keep them in the relationship.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think it’s easy to live in a world where abortion doesn’t mean murder.

I’m guessing you also live a world where men can become women.

Ironically, Baphomet is a transgender demon that requires the sacrifice of babies

Just sayin :skip:
Wow tranny demons feast on abortions?

:skip:

• Sad
Reactions: MMS