Wolfenstein just came out..anyone cop?

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
Caught RadBrad's uploads, watched the ending earlier. One of the best games I've seen.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is a stealth game with mediocre stealth mechanics. you can run and gun but you'll often be punished for it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This is a stealth game with mediocre stealth mechanics. you can run and gun but you'll often be punished for it.
In an unfair way? What difficulty are you playing on? I've heard the gunplay is fantastic, but I've seen a lot of stealth too and don't want that to be the focus.

I have gift cards to burn and I'm thinking of getting this during the week.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In an unfair way? What difficulty are you playing on? I've heard the gunplay is fantastic, but I've seen a lot of stealth too and don't want that to be the focus.

I have gift cards to burn and I'm thinking of getting this during the week.
basically there's commanders in every area and as long as they're alive enemies will spawn. when an enemy sees you an alarm sounds and there's this magic they all are drawn to you and know your position thing going on. you can sneak around and kill the commanders but there's no map so it's trial and error to find them. once the commander is killed the alarm stops. the game does tell you when you're close to a commander though.

you can try to run and gun but you will likely run out of ammo pretty quick. your health regenerates 20 points or so so at 80, 60, 40, and 20 it will go back to those but after that it stops and if it goes lower than those points that's the highest it'll go back to. you also have to push a button to pick up ammo and health instead of just running over it.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Played a bit more now I'm on chapter 8
So far really enjoying the game, I love the adventure aspect of it. IT kind of reminds me of Max Payne 1 and 2 where you just had random guards having conversations about stuff like Vampires in Alaska. The story line is pretty good so far as well.
Driving the mech was pretty fun

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
basically there's commanders in every area and as long as they're alive enemies will spawn. when an enemy sees you an alarm sounds and there's this magic they all are drawn to you and know your position thing going on. you can sneak around and kill the commanders but there's no map so it's trial and error to find them. once the commander is killed the alarm stops. the game does tell you when you're close to a commander though.

you can try to run and gun but you will likely run out of ammo pretty quick. your health regenerates 20 points or so so at 80, 60, 40, and 20 it will go back to those but after that it stops and if it goes lower than those points that's the highest it'll go back to. you also have to push a button to pick up ammo and health instead of just running over it.
My problem with the stealth is that it's too easy, a guard sees a dude with a butcher knife sticking his head out of a door says who's that then goes about with his same routine? the cones of vision of these guards is also :snoop: but hey I'm having fun. I'm also playing through DE:HR DC which has a much harsher system where if a guard sees even if you kill him immediately all the other guards and security systems are alerted. :dahell:
Given I haven't tried to play it as Johnny Matrix yet :yeshrug:
Killing the commanders isn't very hard imo, I dunno if they always show up on the map but they did in the train yard for some reason. A quick silenced shot takes em out easy and it has a lot of range (>50m)
I do run and gun, stealth and tactical, when there's a commander however I usually sneak up on him.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess you can earn perks by getting achievements so eventually you can easily find the commander with the perks. I think you have to stealth kill a few of them to get their positions marked.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I rented, so far I love the storyline, I had it all last week but haven't had time to have been able to actually sit down and play it like I should have, I think I can beat it today, watchdogs idk doesn't look that impressive

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I rented, so far I love the storyline, I had it all last week but haven't had time to have been able to actually sit down and play it like I should have, I think I can beat it today, watchdogs idk doesn't look that impressive
Yeah the story to me is the best part of the game. I'm at chapter 10 now so past the half way point and it's getting even better.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Just beat the game, enjoyed it a good bit I'd give it 7.5/10
Story line was pretty good, some of the mission could have been a bit more open ended and I wish there more alternatives to getting things done.
As far as single player FPS campaigns it was better than KZ:SF and not as good as FC3 or FC3: BD

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
you catch the easter egg in there about that retarded game from awhile back where they had like Nazi dinosaurs