Wolf Blitzer asks a woman on CNN if she thanked the Lord during the tornado

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
to be fair to Wolf all day people were saying "thank God we still alive", "God giveth and takeaway" so I cant blame wolf for asking that question

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
to be fair to Wolf all day people were saying "thank God we still alive", "God giveth and takeaway" so I cant blame wolf for asking that question

yup, he just had bad luck to ask the wrong person :manny:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
She handled the question great. Most atheists are self righteous dikks and are just as bad as bible thumpers. She clarified her stance to Wolf and showed respect to people who do believe. Good for her. More people should take her approach rather than the "LOL YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? YOU FOOL" or "YOU BETTER CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR THE LORD WILL NOT OPEN THE GATES FOR YOU!" types.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
She handled the question great. Most atheists are self righteous dikks and are just as bad as bible thumpers. She clarified her stance to Wolf and showed respect to people who do believe. Good for her. More people should take her approach rather than the "LOL YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? YOU FOOL" or "YOU BETTER CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR THE LORD WILL NOT OPEN THE GATES FOR YOU!" types.

No... they're not. You aren't even aware of most atheists around you. We're not all wearing shirts and yelling out "god isn't real". In most situations, if something about god is brought up, most atheists will stand quietly, or nod and smile just like this lady did. You seem to think the internet is a fair forum to gauge the character of an atheist, and you're a damn fool for that. I'm sure this is probably the only time you really encounter us on a regular basis, but don't be an idiot.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
No... they're not. You aren't even aware of most atheists around you. We're not all wearing shirts and yelling out "god isn't real". In most situations, if something about god is brought up, most atheists will stand quietly, or nod and smile just like this lady did. You seem to think the internet is a fair forum to gauge the character of an atheist, and you're a damn fool for that. I'm sure this is probably the only time you really encounter us on a regular basis, but don't be an idiot.

Yet, you respond by sounding exactly like the dikkhead that poster described. Good work. What's even more foolish, is that somehow you believe that poster based their opinion just based on the internet with no evidence and then you went and tried to give an analysis about what most atheists are like based on nothing but conjecture and your own personal opinion. You are the definition of the type of person that poster was talking about, and "you aint eeeeeeeeeeen know it." :russ:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Yet, you respond by sounding exactly like the dikkhead that poster described. Good work. What's even more foolish, is that somehow you believe that poster based their opinion just based on the internet with no evidence and then you went and tried to give an analysis about what most atheists are like based on nothing but conjecture and your own personal opinion. You are the definition of the type of person that poster was talking about, and "you aint eeeeeeeeeeen know it." :russ:

If I'm a dikkhead for calling him an idiot when he acted like one, then so be it. He is, in fact, basing his entire opinion of atheists on a stereotype, and that's a stupid thing to do. I wasn't mocking his faith, or belittling the belief in god with that post, so I WASN'T doing what he claims most atheists do. I simply pointed out the hasty generalization. Sit down somewhere, and let grown folk talk. :stopitslime:

Ghost of $oCal

sit your dumbazz down
Daps
Reppin
$oKhalifas/Money Gang

Are you really a mod? Ur fkn garbage breh. :heh:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps

Actually one of my best friends is an atheist and he's just like the atheist I describe. I've encountered a ton of atheists who love to preach about their beliefs. But you're different, so good for you!!! *thumbs up*

If I'm a dikkhead for calling him an idiot when he acted like one, then so be it. He is, in fact, basing his entire opinion of atheists on a stereotype, and that's a stupid thing to do. I wasn't mocking his faith, or belittling the belief in god with that post, so I WASN'T doing what he claims most atheists do. I simply pointed out the hasty generalization. Sit down somewhere, and let grown folk talk. :stopitslime:

And you just did what you're claiming what I did: make an assumption. o_O I know self righteous atheists who love to hear themselves preach on the Internet (Coli is full of them) and real life. So don't assume that I don't when one of my best friends is one and I call him out on it often when he gets to preaching his anti God stuff.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

NoMayo, you're emotional and that's your problem. Please sit and listen for 2 seconds because I've seen you post more than enough to know how overemotional you can be. Last time a subject like this popped up you were dapping me up, obviously now you're upset because I'm arguing against that piss poor, assumption-laden way of reasoning.

That's what's funny, I didn't say that person was right (they're not entirely for extrapolating like that), but you're so incensed that you didn't get the gist of what I was saying. That's why you don't see the flaw in your reasoning. You fundamentally failed in your argument because you responded to presumptions with equally large presumptions that you failed to qualify or justify. Your stance was correct in that he (or she) was stereotyping, but instead of asking "what are you basing all these stereotypes on," and then attacking those presumptions, you went and made grand proclamations about where he got his opinion and then you made statements that you have no way of quantifying. Basically, you embodied the atheist arrogance that he was talking about. His exact words were "self-righteous dikks," and you came in and acted like one. That's exactly what I'm referring to, pay attention. You're like "he was wrong, so I can tell him he's wrong even if I do it with piss poor logic and it also justifies me name-calling." You're arguing like a 16 year old. Even in response he's not calling you names. Worded differently and I would've been on your side because of the initially large assumption that you responded to. But instead you're dapping up people like this guy below just because they supported your immaturity, and knee-jerk reaction.

I don't need to agree fundamentally with the person you responded to in order to see that. It was really something you should've admitted you were doing and laughed off, just like how I was laughing at it.

Are you really a mod? Ur fkn garbage breh. :heh:

Thanks for your support, we appreciate all your contributions. :yeah:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

NoMayo, you're emotional and that's your problem. Please sit and listen for 2 seconds because I've seen you post more than enough to know how overemotional you can be. Last time a subject like this popped up you were dapping me up, obviously now you're upset because I'm arguing against that piss poor, assumption-laden way of reasoning.

That's what's funny, I didn't say that person was right (they're not entirely for extrapolating like that), but you're so incensed that you didn't get the gist of what I was saying. That's why you don't see the flaw in your reasoning. You fundamentally failed in your argument because you responded to presumptions with equally large presumptions that you failed to qualify or justify. Your stance was correct in that he (or she) was stereotyping, but instead of asking "what are you basing all these stereotypes on," and then attacking those presumptions, you went and made grand proclamations about where he got his opinion and then you made statements that you have no way of quantifying. Basically, you embodied the atheist arrogance that he was talking about. His exact words were "self-righteous dikks," and you came in and acted like one. That's exactly what I'm referring to, pay attention. You're like "he was wrong, so I can tell him he's wrong even if I do it with piss poor logic and it also justifies me name-calling." You're arguing like a 16 year old. Even in response he's not calling you names. Worded differently and I would've been on your side because of the initially large assumption that you responded to. But instead you're dapping up people like this guy below just because they supported your immaturity, and knee-jerk reaction.

I don't need to agree fundamentally with the person you responded to in order to see that. It was really something you should've admitted you were doing and laughed off, just like how I was laughing at it.

Thanks for your support, we appreciate all your contributions. :yeah:
Wow, he needed to hear that friend. Dont feel bad. Hopefully he can grow up after this scathing response. Tough love. :manny: