WNBA Discourse Has Become A Caricature of The NBA Twilight Zone

Daps
As if the dialogue about the NBA hasn't become bad enough, this whole Caitlin Clark v. Angel Reese saga has taken on the form of a Bizarro World, new-age Bird v. Magic.

For a minute I thought it was just some subplot I was reading on twitter, and didn't pay it any mind, but cats are really out there laying it all out with fighting words. The whole racial dynamic (which powers the absurd extremism from both ends of the spectrum), the political affiliations, old heads hating, WNBA players recklessly implementing their own 'Jordan Rules' on their golden goose, the stat feat agendas -- it's all backwards ass, destitute of anything meaningful, nonsense.

I've come to find out it's the [not-so latest] craze on this board too.

Is this not crazy to anyone else? Is this really sports in 2024? If so, y'all can have it back.

Daps
You went into that wnba thread huh
That's the main discussion a lot
And this was a post I just seen in the Angel Reese double double record watch thread -
dNvq49t.png

There's no way anyone can tell me this muh'fukka's user name, along with his location/reppin', with this specific post, isn't satire.

:dead:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
As if the dialogue about the NBA hasn't become bad enough, this whole Caitlin Clark v. Angel Reese saga has taken on the form of a Bizarro World, new-age Bird v. Magic.

For a minute I thought it was just some subplot I was reading on twitter, and didn't pay it any mind, but cats are really out there laying it all out with fighting words. The whole racial dynamic (which powers the absurd extremism from both ends of the spectrum), the political affiliations, old heads hating, WNBA players recklessly implementing their own 'Jordan Rules' on their golden goose, the stat feat agendas -- it's all backwards ass, destitute of anything meaningful, nonsense.

I've come to find out it's the [not-so latest] craze on this board too.

Is this not crazy to anyone else? Is this really sports in 2024? If so, y'all can have it back.
Everything that you despise about the WNBA discourse is exactly what you are doing on the NBA side with your disingenuous 90’s basketball takes and all the other misinformation that you purposely spread :ufdup:

Daps
Everything that you despise about the WNBA discourse is exactly what you are doing on the NBA side with your disingenuous 90’s basketball takes and all the other misinformation that you purposely spread :ufdup:
Listen here -

You picked up your ball and ran back to the crib after I debunked your bullshyt when you claimed the NBA has trended down in viewership since the 90s, trying to play off the globalization of the game as just some random thing. Even citing you're going off NBA negotations around TV rights in the 90s, despite the fact the NBA just signed a media rights deal worth $76 billion (which is monetary aeons away from what it was in the 90s).

Do not try and revise you getting swept in that debate by derailing this thread, all because you can't discuss anything that's unrelated to MJ (further proving my point).

Now, kindly, get your punk ass out of this thread.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Listen here -

You picked up your ball and ran back to the crib after I debunked your bullshyt when you claimed the NBA has trended down in viewership since the 90s, trying to play off the globalization of the game as just some random thing. Even citing you're going off NBA negotations around TV rights in the 90s, despite the fact the NBA just signed a media rights deal worth $76 billion (which is monetary aeons away from what it was in the 90s).

Do not try and revise you getting swept in that debate by derailing this thread, all because you can't discuss anything that's unrelated to MJ (further proving my point).

Now, kindly, get your punk ass out of this thread.
I realized I was arguing with a crazy person and simply crossed the street :hubie:I’m not on here to educate you breh

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Adam Silvers goofy ass just sold Amazon for magic beans with that WNBA t.v deal:wow:

Not sure what those beans will fetch him in his sick underworld. I dont really think you wanna know:scust:#CheckHisComputer #SickPuppyshyt

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

:laff: I knew the thing to blow up the WNBA would be stan wars.

All of the sudden, my entire timeline is Angel Reese--like she's the only black woman in the WNBA :mjlol:

Aja Wilson is on a mid 90's Hakeem run, but, is largley ignored unless people have something to outrage over--ie her not having a signature shoe.

This is why I don't think this boom will last. They don't even like the winning teams.