Wizards fire GM Tommy Sheppard, Alhamdullilah! Free daps and reps for all!

Good move?

• Total voters

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why folks are happy the owner is still there so basically they fired him because he didn’t make the playoffs even though the owner is the issue.

Like the job is only attractive because it’s the only one out there. Would you want a job where you had to keep the coach, couldn’t trade the star player (maxed out with no trade clause), have to resign zinger and kuzma have a lack of tradable assets. And you have a mandate to be as competitive as possible hopefully make the playoffs and that’s cool because the owner won’t go into the luxury tax.

Shepherd should have been fired but if firing him leads to more of the same ole you may as well kept him. He traded well and was so-so draft wise.

Unless the owner changes his stance I don’t actually see the Wizards improving in this current iteration unless the get lucky in the lottery or some unexpected development happens internally for the team.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Not sure why folks are happy the owner is still there so basically they fired him because he didn’t make the playoffs even though the owner is the issue.

Like the job is only attractive because it’s the only one out there. Would you want a job where you had to keep the coach, couldn’t trade the star player (maxed out with no trade clause), have to resign zinger and kuzma have a lack of tradable assets. And you have a mandate to be as competitive as possible hopefully make the playoffs and that’s cool because the owner won’t go into the luxury tax.

Shepherd should have been fired but if firing him leads to more of the same ole you may as well kept him. He traded well and was so-so draft wise.

Unless the owner changes his stance I don’t actually see the Wizards improving in this current iteration unless the get lucky in the lottery or some unexpected development happens internally for the team.
Unless you plan on murdering the owner, there's only 2 options: 1. pray he hires the right people or 2. do something else with your time.

I'd hire Langdon. He's had a good eye for talent everywhere he's gone.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
How yall feel about kuz @FAH1223

Im tryna figure out if hes gonna get a bag to come back home and how bad of an idea that would be
Most Wizards fans like Kyle the person. He’s a good dude.

We even like his game cause there’s not a lot of 6’10” dudes who can play-make and be switchable on defense.

But he’s an incredibly inefficient offensive player. He turns over the rock a lot too. He’s not a franchise cornerstone. If he’s your 6th man, he’s good in that role.

He’s not worth more than $18M-$20M per season.

It’s interesting now because we’re going to have a new GM step in here.

If I were to guess, Porzingis is for sure going to opt out and re-sign. He loves DC and he sure likes playing with Beal more than Luka

Kuzma is going to opt out and test free agency.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
That owner loves Beal. He’s not going to trade him unless Beal demands it
GettyImages-1202329699-e1635448788922.jpg

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I don’t follow this franchise like that… what was the talk of the town regarding him as a gm?

Haven’t they always had kinda mid talent? Or have they been considered underachievers generally

Were they legit in the KD sweepstakes a few years ago? Or was that cap?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t follow this franchise like that… what was the talk of the town regarding him as a gm?

Haven’t they always had kinda mid talent? Or have they been considered underachievers generally

Were they legit in the KD sweepstakes a few years ago? Or was that cap?

Honestly it’s par for the course for that franchise. It seems as if the goal is to yield a profitable team that plays competitive basketball. Which is definitely not a negative but this causes them to never reset really or make resignings such as for example Kuzma.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps

After the initial excitement wore off, this is where I am with it. Wait and see but not really optimistic