With Vince not in the picture, what is Tony Khan/AEW's gimmick???

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I mean don’t get me wrong, I feel you lol…

It just seems counter productive entering every very clearly AEW/WWE thread to say “y’all talkin about that again?”

Like nikka, did the threadtitle lead you to believe it would be different this time? The answer is always yes

:bryan:

It’s not like homie was subtle. You knew what was in this thread the minute you opened it lol
Why be a smart ass? nikka we all can read thread titles before coming into them. I clearly want to voice the idiocy. Believe it or not, some people enter threads looking for genuine discussion and laughs without all the extra bullshyt. I never spam those bait threads with posts. I make a statement of displeasure and then I bounce.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Omega and The Bucks declining offers from the E to start their own company is lowkey what started all this energy :manny:

couple months later HHH drops the pissant company bar and that elevated the energy

the 24/7 title belt gets revealed and The Bucks say something along the lines of “our titles are actually gonna look good” that elevated the energy

Cody smashes the throne on what i believe was their first PPV that elevated the energy

NXT goes from being a network exclusive to live on cable on the same day and time as Dynamite that elevated the energy to a level it ain’t came down from since

AEW’s gimmick has never been anti-WWE to me it’s been more like we doing stuff WWE ain’t doing on purpose cause we the alternative regardless of the fact we may be using their castoffs :manny:

the absence of dusty finishes and squash matches (until recently) was their way of saying you watch us you ain’t getting that WWE shyt watch them for that, the win/loss records is another one

but anyway to answer the question posed by OP i think at the very least we gotta acknowledge the fact that ship jumping and major AEW talents bouncing could happen more frequently then we expected with Cokeboy at the helm, this Gargano main roster run is gonna be a barometer of that

it’ll no doubt be an interesting thing to observe within the next few years but as always we gon have to let it play out like the true WWE fans we are :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Some people like AEW some don't. Not my point. The company allows their workers more freedom for outside ventures and collaboration in and outside of the business. Some people will want to be on the bigger stage in WWE while some will want a little more freedom creatively. It's good to have two ways to do this.
Ah, I misunderstood. I thiught you meant control as it relates to wrestling, angles, promos. You were talking about their ability to have an only fans and cameo and shyt like that. Understood.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
All I had to do was google image "triple H in NXT"

He was the king of that bullshyt. Regal, Dusty and Norman Smiley put all the work with the guys in the PC and agenting the matches and here comes the weird uncle at Takeover with the bouqet of flowers for the women and the emotional head to head hugging for the guys. Or he'll just pop up with a camera crew while someone is writhing in pain backstage from a torn ACL talking about "You'll come back strongeeeeerrrrr"

wwe-nxt-triple-h-return-tommaso-ciampa.jpg

hhh.jpg

72376379-keith-lee-says-triple-h-tried-to-keep-him-in-nxt-for-as-long-as-he-could.jpg

CFflV3HWEAIgNFE.0.0.jpg

All I see is two people embracing with consent :skip:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I see a few people saying cody was the only one doing the anti WWE thing and yall are full of shyt, the bucks were doing it just as much especially on their youtube show

They were poking fun at the E's corporate culture but when Cody joined, he was the one doing that weird march up outside Raw back in 2017 or so with the Bullet Club/Elite flags if I recall and that was the first time I was like "Oh they taking this E thing seriously"
Its BTE so it might have been a parody of the DX invasion but nah Cody was always the one leaning heavy on it

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Omega and The Bucks declining offers from the E to start their own company is lowkey what started all this energy :manny:

couple months later HHH drops the pissant company bar and that elevated the energy

the 24/7 title belt gets revealed and The Bucks say something along the lines of “our titles are actually gonna look good” that elevated the energy

Cody smashes the throne on what i believe was their first PPV that elevated the energy

NXT goes from being a network exclusive to live on cable on the same day and time as Dynamite that elevated the energy to a level it ain’t came down from since

AEW’s gimmick has never been anti-WWE to me it’s been more like we doing stuff WWE ain’t doing on purpose cause we the alternative regardless of the fact we may be using their castoffs :manny:

the absence of dusty finishes and squash matches (until recently) was their way of saying you watch us you ain’t getting that WWE shyt watch them for that, the win/loss records is another one

but anyway to answer the question posed by OP i think at the very least we gotta acknowledge the fact that ship jumping and major AEW talents bouncing could happen more frequently then we expected with Cokeboy at the helm, this Gargano main roster run is gonna be a barometer of that

it’ll no doubt be an interesting thing to observe within the next few years but as always we gon have to let it play out like the true WWE fans we are :mjgrin:
Ship jumping is going to ramp up in the next few years. Yeah some AEW talent is going to go to WWE, but WWE starting to trend towards having a bloated roster again like they used to have and like what AEW has now, so people are going to want to leave there too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Ah, I misunderstood. I thiught you meant control as it relates to wrestling, angles, promos. You were talking about their ability to have an only fans and cameo and shyt like that. Understood.
Yeah one of the reasons Adam Cole gave for leaving WWE was he was going to have to give up his Twitch. Stuff like that might change under HHH but not sure if he is going to allow the women to start up OnlyFans accounts.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
There’s weirdos so obsessed with this shyt like the same marks they try to hate on over on Wreddit or any other theater combat forum. :mjlol:

Marks are Fuxkin weird, man. Mu fukkas can’t enjoy a product in peace or even stop talking about a fed they “despise.” It wasn’t even this bad during the MNW. :dead:
Hold up, it probably was, one youtube video I saw was dude going through old thread forums during the MNW and WWE vs TNA years and the fcckery was on a grander scale

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Yeah one of the reasons Adam Cole gave for leaving WWE was he was going to have to give up his Twitch. Stuff like that might change under HHH but not sure if he is going to allow the women to start up OnlyFans accounts.

I think it already has funny enough, I think AJ got his back, and Breeze seems to be back in some capacity

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The biggest difference is for talent. Even with WWE’s schedule being lighter than it has been in the past, they still work triple the amount of dates that AEW talent does.

For someone with a family like Jade or a business like Britt, only having to travel one day makes a difference.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Hold up, it probably was, one youtube video I saw was dude going through old thread forums during the MNW and WWE vs TNA years and the fcckery was on a grander scale
I don’t know. I can’t speak on 96-98, but 99 and on I didn’t see anything as bad as today. I used to post on NoDQ and it was pretty calm. Now maybe because each fed had their own sub, so it kept that shyt minimal.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
They were poking fun at the E's corporate culture but when Cody joined, he was the one doing that weird march up outside Raw back in 2017 or so with the Bullet Club/Elite flags if I recall and that was the first time I was like "Oh they taking this E thing seriously"
Its BTE so it might have been a parody of the DX invasion but nah Cody was always the one leaning heavy on it

And BTE isn’t even AEW produced. YB do that shyt on their own. From what I recall, they never did anti-E stuff on AEW tv.
Ship jumping is going to ramp up in the next few years. Yeah some AEW talent is going to go to WWE, but WWE starting to trend towards having a bloated roster again like they used to have and like what AEW has now, so people are going to want to leave there too.
It’s gonna be interesting these next few years. If the E has a lot more positive talk backstage, and if all this disgruntled locker room AEW talk is legit and continues, TK gotta do something to improve.

I can see Miro and Andrade heading back for sure. They’ll get shine a lot more on the main roster. Maybe Aleister Black too.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Thinking Vince is still not running wwe till he dies is laughable .....he just not running it on paper