With Vince not in the picture, what is Tony Khan/AEW's gimmick???

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I think his motivation was always to see if he could make the smark stuff that happens in the Indies and Japan into a sustainable promotion with national tv in decent sized arenas.
Cody might have been the one who was more into the anti WWE stuff. People will say Punk and I get tht, but its far more minimum that Cody.

But if you think he needs motivation from the other company, its Triple H. Both are kinda into the same style of wrestling and we know what he said about AEW

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
AEW is not ECW.

It basically gave wrestlers a route to work on a big stage but also control their work and character more than WWE will give even with HHH running things
I don't know that it would be better in WWE but I think I'd argue that these guys having more control of their character hasnt really worked out.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I still don't understand how AEW diehards have been so accepting of this shyt. A breh asked me "what's wrong with TK being an emotional man?" If he did that shyt to a woman it would be an unwanted sexual advance :heh:
Picture HHH hugging Kross in the ribs, with his eyes closed:skip:
With the way he books women I'm positive TK has some sick, deviant shyt going on that we'll find out when Dub folds.

All I had to do was google image "triple H in NXT"

He was the king of that bullshyt. Regal, Dusty and Norman Smiley put all the work with the guys in the PC and agenting the matches and here comes the weird uncle at Takeover with the bouqet of flowers for the women and the emotional head to head hugging for the guys. Or he'll just pop up with a camera crew while someone is writhing in pain backstage from a torn ACL talking about "You'll come back strongeeeeerrrrr"

wwe-nxt-triple-h-return-tommaso-ciampa.jpg

hhh.jpg

72376379-keith-lee-says-triple-h-tried-to-keep-him-in-nxt-for-as-long-as-he-could.jpg

CFflV3HWEAIgNFE.0.0.jpg

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I don't know that it would be better in WWE but I think I'd argue that these guys having more control of their character hasnt really worked out.
Some people like AEW some don't. Not my point. The company allows their workers more freedom for outside ventures and collaboration in and outside of the business. Some people will want to be on the bigger stage in WWE while some will want a little more freedom creatively. It's good to have two ways to do this.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
How many WWE versus AEW threads you fat nerds gonna make? Sheesh. it's overkill.

shyt's beyond this forum. twitter, Youtube etc even former people in the business have made a lane for themselves and their podcasts choosing a side with bad faith arguments.

Yet they all argue like the threads here. That shyt is how society is now, look at how something as serious as poltiics are handled in the same way.

This is why when peope are like "Can you imagine how awesome the Monday Night Wars would have been in the social media era:gladbron:" Im like no:unimpressed:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All I had to do was google image "triple H in NXT"

He was the king of that bullshyt. Regal, Dusty and Norman Smiley put all the work with the guys in the PC and agenting the matches and here comes the weird uncle at Takeover with the bouqet of flowers for the women and the emotional head to head hugging for the guys. Or he'll just pop up with a camera crew while someone is writhing in pain backstage from a torn ACL talking about "You'll come back strongeeeeerrrrr"

wwe-nxt-triple-h-return-tommaso-ciampa.jpg

hhh.jpg

72376379-keith-lee-says-triple-h-tried-to-keep-him-in-nxt-for-as-long-as-he-could.jpg

CFflV3HWEAIgNFE.0.0.jpg
TK is more emotional. shyt is funny and I don’t know why dudes wanna make a big deal of it. We having laughs at TK on his “it’s still real to me dammit!” :mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
How many WWE versus AEW threads you fat nerds gonna make? Sheesh. it's overkill.

You and that Krack nikka always run into every AEW vs WWE thread with the same tired forcefully nonchalant “how many AEW vs WWE threads are y’all gon make” post

:dead:

shyt adds nothing to the conversation. Might as well not even reply

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
TK is more emotional. shyt is funny and I don’t know why dudes wanna make a big deal of it. We having laughs at TK on his “it’s still real to me dammit!” :mjlol:

Him and Triple H are way more similar than people realize

One's a geek in a math club who wants to be producing the school musical
And the other is the jock who's secretly a theatre kid (His shytty OT Mania entrances) who also wants to produce a school musical

Its like a shyt Ryan Murphy show

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
There’s weirdos so obsessed with this shyt like the same marks they try to hate on over on Wreddit or any other theater combat forum. :mjlol:

Marks are Fuxkin weird, man. Mu fukkas can’t enjoy a product in peace or even stop talking about a fed they “despise.” It wasn’t even this bad during the MNW. :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
You and that Krack nikka always run into every AEW vs WWE thread with the same tired forcefully nonchalant “how many AEW vs WWE threads are y’all gon make” post

Why would I add anything to the conversation? What can me or anybody say that hasn't been said a thousand times in a thousand other threads? It's literally the same talking points in all these threads. The shyt is TIRED. The choosing of sides, the hidden agendas, it's the worst fukking shyt about the wrestling landscape today. TSC is no longer an escape from all the other wrestling communities on the internet, when for a period, that's what made this website most appealing.

Mob H

All Star
Daps

nikka what conversation? It's the same five or so nikkas day in and day out with the same tired talking points. Midgets this, marks that, concern trolling about "growth", all friends, grass not greener, dead promotion.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Why would I add anything to the conversation? What can me or anybody say that hasn't been said a thousand times in a thousand other threads? It's literally the same talking points in all these threads. The shyt is TIRED. The choosing of sides, the hidden agendas, it's the worst fukking shyt about the wrestling landscape today. TSC is no longer an escape from all the other wrestling communities on the internet, when for a period, that's what made this website most appealing.
I mean don’t get me wrong, I feel you lol…

It just seems counter productive entering every very clearly AEW/WWE thread to say “y’all talkin about that again?”

Like nikka, did the threadtitle lead you to believe it would be different this time? The answer is always yes

:bryan:

It’s not like homie was subtle. You knew what was in this thread the minute you opened it lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm guessing to just run a regular wrestling promotion like the others. They don't air their shows at the same time as WWE or even as impact, so there's no competing for ratings or anything like that. not like people can't watch the show at a later time if they were competing with easily accessible streams these days. sure TK can be cringeworthy lot of the times, but the company still has plenty of good talent as does WWE. not every show is gonna be perfect from beginning to end and same for WWE. there's no magical company where all the best wrestlers are in and the storylines are perfect. even if you took all the favorite wrestlers and put them in one company, someone would find a reason to complain. whether one company takes a shot at the other is pointless cuz fans can easily watch both, and even impact on thursdays if desired and who knows what other wrestling company they decide to. this isn't the 90s where its a war for viewers. both companies can be successful.