With the PS5 shortage, and with more sony games coming to PC, am I better off just building a gaming rig

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I’m a “pc guy”

Literally have a degree in computer electronics.

Have played for years on and off on PC.

And it’s still a way different beast than console.

Most people aren’t comfortable at all using a pc outside of using facebook or google, or whatever program their PC at work uses.

Gaming on PC takes a certain level of patience and comfort that most people don’t have.

It’s easy for you and I to say “pc gaming is easy, just use a guide” but for most people shyt don’t work like that :manny:
Everyone is not comfortable with something until they do it. This is not rocket science, this is plugging in components where they should go. If you do not know how to do it youtube will show you how, to the point where you can get guides on the exact piece you are putting in. If you need help with picking parts go to pc part picker, or better yet go to a PC Building subreddit and post your budget and people will recommend a setup.

Everything someone would have a question for has been already asked and answered, so there should be no reason someone would be hopeless if they can just search it online.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Might as well wait til end of the yr at this point. Should be more shyt to play regardless what you get.

I got both and don’t play either

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Everyone is not comfortable with something until they do it. This is not rocket science, this is plugging in components where they should go. If you do not know how to do it youtube will show you how, to the point where you can get guides on the exact piece you are putting in. If you need help with picking parts go to pc part picker, or better yet go to a PC Building subreddit and post your budget and people will recommend a setup.

Everything someone would have a question for has been already asked and answered, so there should be no reason someone would be hopeless if they can just search it online.
It’s not rocket science, yet the overwhelming majority of people on earth want nothing to do with it.

Youtube literally teaches rocket science, yet people can’t/don’t make rockets in their damn basement :martin:

It’s a whole different lifestyle breh. Most people ain’t about that life.

Just trying to give sound advice to OP. You gotta be ready and willing with a bunch of patience and desire to learn a whole new world if you wanna get into PC gaming.

For most people, just buying a console will better serve their gaming needs.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It’s not rocket science, yet the overwhelming majority of people on earth want nothing to do with it.

Youtube literally teaches rocket science, yet people can’t/don’t make rockets in their damn basement :martin:

It’s a whole different lifestyle breh. Most people ain’t about that life.

Just trying to give sound advice to OP. You gotta be ready and willing with a bunch of patience and desire to learn a whole new world if you wanna get into PC gaming.

For most people, just buying a console will better serve their gaming needs.
All i am saying is building and using a PC is not hard. No one is talking about overclocking your CPU or RAM, using liquid nitrogen to cool the CPU, etc.... All you need to know is what parts to buy, what to consider when buying them, how to install them and how to install the OS.

All of those things are covered online and can be figured out in days from scratch. Going to forums about PC building you can ask for help and generally you will get it. We need to stop making building or using PC's as some crazy endeavor that takes a massive amount of time to do or understand.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
My friend got help from Reddit for his PC build. He asked me to install a cracked adobe program, before I do that i go to disable Ethernet driver and I see he has missing drivers. He told me he didn't know anything about drivers or installing them.

Customer has a Inspiron gaming computer, he said has problems playing Minecraft. I check the drivers video card driver is missing, he was using the default Microsoft Display. The video card he has is the AMD RX 580.

I don't know why windows 11 didn't install the driver

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
My friend got help from Reddit for his PC build. He asked me to install a cracked adobe program, before I do that i go to disable Ethernet driver and I see he has missing drivers. He told me he didn't know anything about drivers or installing them.

Customer has a Inspiron gaming computer, he said has problems playing Minecraft. I check the drivers video card driver is missing, he was using the default Microsoft Display. The video card he has is the AMD RX 580.

I don't know why windows 11 didn't install the driver
Too many factors to consider i think to have every driver from every manufacturer and for every OS to get them from Windows Update. Plus Windows update is likely going to give you generic drivers that are probably not the best for the components. If you have a pc, especially a gaming one, you need to make sure you have all the necessary drivers straight from the manufacturer and update them regularly too.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Too many factors to consider i think to have every driver from every manufacturer and for every OS to get them from Windows Update. Plus Windows update is likely going to give you generic drivers that are probably not the best for the components. If you have a pc, especially a gaming one, you need to make sure you have all the necessary drivers straight from the manufacturer and update them regularly too.

Casual don't know that

Daps
I just by used hp workstations from ebay and throw in a GPu and more ram..... that's my gaming pc.... waiting for the z8 g4 prices to come down though....

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Working on and building PC takes a similar mindset to working on and restoring cars.

Most car maintenance can be done by anyone, especially with YouTube. But people don't want to spend their time figuring out, opening up and fixing something only to do it wrong or mess something else up potentially with there cars.

The same thing applies to PC's.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Working on and building PC takes a similar mindset to working on and restoring cars.

Most car maintenance can be done by anyone, especially with YouTube. But people don't want to spend their time figuring out, opening up and fixing something only to do it wrong or mess something else up potentially with there cars.

The same thing applies to PC's.
The problem is the knowledge you gain from doing that is going to be good for the next time you need to build another PC, or even repair your own. Once you get that knowledge you can build PC's that will be solid for years and not have to take it into a repair shop for every little thing. Given the time we live in everyone should have a basic understanding of computers, for work or leisure.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What worked for me was keeping it in my cart on best buy and when it was in stock just checking out