With all due respect, OLED kind of feel like a scam

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My homie just bought a ps5 and is looking to upgrade and he was thinking about getting an OLED. I just told dude to really do his research.

The LEDs are organic material so they degrade over time with light exposure so to preserve the screen you gotta make sure that room is mostly dark.

You can't get the same level of brightness as you would on a good LED or mini LED so you might miss some details if you're watching something in the daytime.

The screen can leave some trails and you have to make sure something is playing on the TV if you're going to leave it idle or you have to shut it off if something comes up that needs your attention.

And then there's the price. Is it really worth it to pay that much extra? That's just my 2 cents. I've seen OLED in person and been impressed but I think it's the kind of TV you get if you're really Ballin and can just drop 2k+ on something like that but for the regular man? :patrice:
Spending $2K on a TV ain't balling.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think TVs are the same as cars or watches in that the basic models will suit the average person just fine, but there are people who really take it seriously and they can be judgmental if you don't have the latest and greatest.

Sometimes you gotta just rock your Casio watch/Honda Accord and take pride in the fact that it does what you need it to do :yeshrug: