With all due respect, OLED kind of feel like a scam

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
My homie just bought a ps5 and is looking to upgrade and he was thinking about getting an OLED. I just told dude to really do his research.

The LEDs are organic material so they degrade over time with light exposure so to preserve the screen you gotta make sure that room is mostly dark.

You can't get the same level of brightness as you would on a good LED or mini LED so you might miss some details if you're watching something in the daytime.

The screen can leave some trails and you have to make sure something is playing on the TV if you're going to leave it idle or you have to shut it off if something comes up that needs your attention.

And then there's the price. Is it really worth it to pay that much extra? That's just my 2 cents. I've seen OLED in person and been impressed but I think it's the kind of TV you get if you're really Ballin and can just drop 2k+ on something like that but for the regular man? :patrice:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Da King 's respect for you as a man just fukkin plummeted.
ce25f705-0c93-40d8-8773-f794cea53dec_200_10.gif

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
@Da King 's respect for you as a man just fukkin plummeted.
ce25f705-0c93-40d8-8773-f794cea53dec_200_10.gif
He might be a 6 figure 6 cert type of dude and that's who I feel OLED really for. People who can actually afford to have a basement theater system with 5.1/7.1 with booming bass.

You can get a refurbished joint for less than $1K. My LG 55" CX OLED was $1K open box and it was only used for 23 hours according to the TV system settings console.
That's another factor too. If you didn't know to check that, you could potentially have come home with an OLED that was used for longer. These are the kinds of things you gotta prepare for if you're buying open box, but you can grab an open box samsung QLED and know that shyt will stay bright as F.

If you rich then an OLED is what you should have if you have a home theater setup. If you're a broke boy like 65% of the country, doesn't seem like a wise investment IMO.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you rich then an OLED is what you should have if you have a home theater setup. If you're a broke boy like 65% of the country, doesn't seem like a wise investment IMO.

you don’t have to be “rich” but I agree as much as I enjoy the viewing quality the price you pay is still too high, I was VERY satisfied with my $400 TCL and samsung joints before I got into OLED TVs…I feel compelled now to stream as much as I can in 4k to justify the purchase so now I don’t even fukk with torrents (TV shows in particular bcuz of the lower quality) so that’s more money spent…for anyone who hasn’t spent considerable amount of time watching an OLED TV who is content with their LED joint, stay with what you have especially if cost is an issue…that being said don’t lie and pretend there’s no significant difference in quality just cuz you spent a few minutes walking around best buy looking at shyt (not directed at you)

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I got a miniLED I wouldn’t mind an OLED
(the blacks are deep :mjpls:)

but I’m not gonna break the bank for one either.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
That's what they all say until they purchase one themselves. Once you spend money on a decent display and become one with the OLED Gang, you'll never go back :blessed:

It's like practicing on a Hitbox coming from a traditional arcade stick or pad. You never want to go back :blessed:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Im #brokegang

I went with Sony LED X90J

I didn't buy OLED because it didn't support atsc 3.0, burn issue

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I dont even watch enough damn TV to justify buying an OLED at the moment, I only watch sports and stream movies once in a while. My 4k 65" Samsung from like 5 years ago is still beautiful