Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
This shyt is stupid, childish and incredibly ignorant. Find something more important to worry about
tumblr_md42dow0sv1r5x5zu.gif

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Very :mjpls:

They shouldn't have killed Keith David's character though. :totheeastside:

I can't front that shyt had me tight, until I got older and realized what Frank represented (it's not about white or black, it's about rich and poor).
All Frank wanted to do is provide for his family, the fight in the alley represented "black rage", and "Nada" (Piper) which means "nothing", was trying to explain to Frank they were in it together against the "ruling class".

I thought Carpenter was real for using his platform to address race, he did it in Big Trouble Little China too :banderas:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I can't front that shyt had me tight, until I got older and realized what Frank represented (it's not about white or black, it's about rich and poor).
All Frank wanted to do is provide for his family, the fight in the alley represented "black rage", and "Nada" (Piper) which means "nothing", was trying to explain to Frank they were in it together against the "ruling class".

I thought Carpenter was real for using his platform to address race, he did it in Big Trouble Little China too :banderas:
So the exploding ninja master represented something too :lupe:

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
So the exploding ninja master represented something too :lupe:

In a way, yeah. But notice how Carpenter played with themes of the "underworld", there's a whole Chinese identity that us as Americans struggle to understand and the Chinese themselves struggle to hold on to here in America, "I'm just a poor old Chinese boy". Jack Burton represented again, the poor white man, who goes through life aimlessly, all he wanted was his truck back but and his money from a bet and ended saving Chinese-Americans. He killed a dangerous demon that represented antiquated ancient insular attitude of some Chinese communities. One of the "gods", couldn't live without his "master" because he had no purpose but to serve him without questioning his motive, like most Chinese men (definitely women) that come to America. Egg Shen, seen to the authorities as a loopy old Chinese man, when actuality he was a rich, and the gate keeper of Chinese mysticism culture and life, and protector of humanity. However, he's also "progress", look how he chose to educate "America" on China, with Egg Shen tours.

...Carpenter be killing King.

Status
Not open for further replies.