Winston Duke cast as Kimbo Slice in biopic titled 'Backyard Legend'

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm skeptical but curious to see what they do with this. wouldn't surprise me if they hold back his past stuff and sanitize it to make it a feel good story.
We are deff a violent culture if you see the life of an underground street fighter as a feel good story.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
If he get that Miami nikka swag down with the ball head, beard and golds....this might have potential.

Nikka died at 42 and had a very interesting life all things considered
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Actors are terrible at duplicating southern mannerisms. Probably hav Kimbo sounding like an Appalachian hillbilly.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
We are deff a violent culture if you see the life of an underground street fighter as a feel good story.
Try hard bytch post.
He fought himself out of poverty to buying a house and providing for his kids.
Nothing barberic or violent about that, and its the same in every cutlure in the world for the history of the world.
Kimbo wasn't doing anything different than any professional boxer, kickboxer, mma fighter, and etc.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Try hard bytch post.
He fought himself out of poverty to buying a house and providing for his kids.
Nothing barberic or violent about that, and its the same in every cutlure in the world for the history of the world.
Kimbo wasn't doing anything different than any professional boxer, kickboxer, mma fighter, and etc.
You got anger issues. Can you name one movie about a professional fighter that you would describe as feel good.
Using feel good to describe the life of a fighter is an insult to the craft. Would you describe the life of a solider fighting in Iraq as a feel good story?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

hollywood can flip it to make it seem like one. guy from the bottom fights his way to the top. your typical hollywood boxing/fighter story.

You got anger issues. Can you name one movie about a professional fighter that you would describe as feel good.
Using feel good to describe the life of a fighter is an insult to the craft. Would you describe the life of a solider fighting in Iraq as a feel good story?

raging bull, ali, rocky and damn near every jean claude van damme movie. can even throw creed and southpaw in there.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hollywood can flip it to make it seem like one. guy from the bottom fights his way to the top. your typical hollywood boxing/fighter story.

raging bull, ali, rocky and damn near every jean claude van damme movie. can even throw creed and southpaw in there.
Did you watch ragging bull?
Non of the rockeys are feel good.
I can stretch and give you Ali
Maybe the great white hype is feel good

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But

We literally have it all on video

Now

A doc would be better. Nothing Hollywood can do can make you feel like watching duke actually beat down multiple dudes in a row and just brutalize cats

There's more to Kimbo then that. What about his homeless days, living out of his car, trying to survive? This needs to be explored