‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Prolly won't see Norm Nixon's character anymore since he's been traded. Kinda sucks as he was one of the more colorful characters.

Won't be surprised if they amp up Byron Scott's character for entertainment purposes when he arrives.
Well, he just went across town to The Clippers, plus he was an All-Star and married to Debbie Allen.

So, they could easily find a way to keep him showing up

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Damn guess it ends with the Tragic Johnson 84 arc and then (hopefully) if season 3 gets greenlit the redepmption arc of 85. Maybe they do the 3 years in 7 episodes again and it ends with the Detroit years and Cap retiring
Definitely gonna see MJ if they do a season 3. And they better get the casting right :ufdup:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Exactly. I knew she had a hand in this because they gave her a really good edit.

Her husband is a fat fukk. What happened to him? He looks like the Penguin or some shyt.
Right, I was shocked by that too.

Jay Mohr used to be an in-shape dude.

0232_106021364.jpg

Its interesting that you mention that, since we've reached the point where the time periods of both shows are starting to overlap.
That's because the '80s is probably the best era to do period pieces on in recent history.

Like the '80s was the most ridiculous, fukkery-filled decade in modern history :pachaha:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That's because the '80s is probably the best era to do period pieces on in recent history.

Like the '80s was the most ridiculous, fukkery-filled decade in modern history :pachaha:

I think shows like "The People v. O. J. Simpson" show that there's a lot you can get from a 90's show.

It really depends on the time period that the writers remember well/feel nostalgic about.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I think shows like "The People v. O. J. Simpson" show that there's a lot you can get from a 90's show.

It really depends on the time period that the writers remember well/feel nostalgic about.
The '90s is my favorite decade, mostly becaues it's when hip-hop was at it's best, but it wasn't as ridiculous as the '80s.

Ridiculous things like O.J. & Tonya Harding happened in the '90s sure, but the '80s itself was fukkery

The way people dressed was ridiculous, the slang people used was ridiculous, nikkaz were wearing Jheri curls & tight ass pants.

It's the only decade where you could be a tough, straight dude & be wearing mascara & folks would take your ass seriously :pachaha:

The 90s were crazy, but the '80s were a whole different world :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The '90s is my favorite decade, mostly becaues it's when hip-hop was at it's best, but it wasn't as ridiculous as the '80s.

Ridiculous things like O.J. & Tonya Harding happened in the '90s sure, but the '80s itself was fukkery

The way people dressed was ridiculous, the slang people used was ridiculous, nikkaz were wearing Jheri curls & tight ass pants.

It's the only decade where you could be a tough, straight dude & be wearing mascara & folks would take your ass seriously :pachaha:

The 90s were crazy, but the '80s were a whole different world :wow:

Don't forget the whole "dotcom" madness era, and sports stadiums constantly changing names as their corporate owners went bankrupt.