Windows Surface Event 2019

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Same here
I use 12.9 pro and mini for bed too but either can't replace a laptop unfortunately. The pro keyboard is terrible, surfing the web takes twice has long to get to what you are looking for on tablets/phone.

I would tell you to pick up the surface pro 7 or surface go (go to bestbuy it is very small for typing so try it out first) if you already have a Ipad pro. Buying the Pro X would feel too redundant in your use case unless it's replacing your pad pro (this coming from me :russ:).
to be honest I enjoy the iPad Pro experience more than I did my Surface Pro 4 when it came for travel/bed use. I sold my Surface Pro 4 to get the iPad Pro because of that.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
People are now texting nearly as fast as they type - CNN

Mobile functionality is not slowing down breh, I can't roll with a Fold because it's simply ugly as fukk. I have a smart watch so I can see my notifications at a glance without my phone's screen anyway.
This isn't a laptop I don't see the correlation. You don't have to like the Fold, just saying I prefer one screen device over a dual screen device with a phone or tablet. I expect to watch a video with the entire screen, not half of it. That's the part that's bothering me.

It's a phone, I don't care how it looks. All I care about is functionality and screen size; split screen is not it for me. What would you possibly do with this device? All I can think about is reading emails and websurfing. Whose watching videos vertically?
A surface and Ipad is enough to have the dual screen without the huge mess in the middle.

to be honest I enjoy the iPad Pro experience more than I did my Surface Pro 4 when it came for travel/bed use. I sold my Surface Pro 4 to get the iPad Pro because of that.
Same best tablet experience, but would I use it to answer 40 emails per day - nope, never. Need a full OS for that.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I figure the Surface Pro 6 gonna go down in price once the 7 gets released. I'll have to compare the price vs specs on the 2 if that happens cuz the 6 would be decent enough. Not trying to spend no 1k on any of these devices.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That Pro X looks fire, could be a problem in a few years. The foldables are clean, especially that Neo.

I dont need any new laptops and I liked the new ipad pros but these Surface products got me :lupe::noah::lupe:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The Surface Laptop is like the PERFECT laptop. I upgraded to a Surface Book 2, which i love, but is MUCH heavier than the svelte laptop. I foolishly copped the 15" which is unweildy to travel with.

I'll likely keep the Surface Book at Home and roll with the Surface Laptop when im on the road.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a phone, I don't care how it looks. All I care about is functionality and screen size; split screen is not it for me. What would you possibly do with this device? All I can think about is reading emails and websurfing. Whose watching videos vertically?
A surface and Ipad is enough to have the dual screen without the huge mess in the middle.
A lot of people said the use cases for the iPhone being all touchscreen and no keyboard was useless too
:skip:

I see the Duo/Neo shifting the mindset on what a hybrid device is capable of for daily use. The attention it's garnering is warranted IMO

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Sucks that there isn't a new surface book update would of like to see one, but everything else is good.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I figure the Surface Pro 6 gonna go down in price once the 7 gets released. I'll have to compare the price vs specs on the 2 if that happens cuz the 6 would be decent enough. Not trying to spend no 1k on any of these devices.
the 6 is actually already discounted across the board, unless you're talking bargain bin when the 8 is close

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
the 6 is actually already discounted across the board, unless you're talking bargain bin when the 8 is close
About how much of a discount cuz I think on the Microsoft website I saw the preorders for the 7 at like $650 and the 6 around the same price? I don't think I've seen anything under 600 for it. Guess it depends on specs. Just the basic I-5 one should be fine. I think the 7 has the I-7 processor only. Don't know if 8th gen got released or coming after.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
About how much of a discount cuz I think on the Microsoft website I saw the preorders for the 7 at like $650 and the 6 around the same price? I don't think I've seen anything under 600 for it. Guess it depends on specs. Just the basic I-5 one should be fine. I think the 7 has the I-7 processor only. Don't know if 8th gen got released or coming after.
the 7 comes in i3 version that's why. the cheapest 6 is 699 but usually 899...check best buy site

MMA

Superstar
Daps
A lot of people said the use cases for the iPhone being all touchscreen and no keyboard was useless too
:skip:

I see the Duo/Neo shifting the mindset on what a hybrid device is capable of for daily use. The attention it's garnering is warranted IMO
I experienced the duo and my mind has changed. :patrice:

The Neo looks like a better option than a surface X or even the surface pro now.