Will we ever get to play this masterpiece on modern and future hardware without emulation?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Update:

I can get this to run 1080p 30-60 fps with the latest update.

I had to use throttle stop to undervolt/over clock cpu.

My only problem now is figuring out how to do this on battery as my laptop will only do it while connected to power, it throttles cpu otherwise. Charger causes battery to produce heat which raises temps of laptop.

Once CPU hits about 80 degrees throttle stop switches to another profile with lower cpu speeds

:patrice:
I love how fun PC gaming is.
You get to do a full blown resident evil puzzle on your laptop before playing the game you actually want to play and then still…you computer might crash on you like nemesis through a wall at any moment.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I love how fun PC gaming is.
You get to do a full blown resident evil puzzle on your laptop before playing the game you actually want to play and then still…you computer might crash on you like nemesis through a wall at any moment.
maybe PS3 emulation isn't as easy as you always say it should be :sas2:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
maybe PS3 emulation isn't as easy as you always say it should be :sas2:
I hear the same stories all the time with PC gaming...but...to your point...
Yes, it should be easy for SONY to emulate it seeing as nerds in a basement borderline figured it out on their own already.
Also...that new PS+ sub is proving me having been right about Sony this whole time.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I hear the same stories all the time with PC gaming...but...to your point...
Yes, it should be easy for SONY to emulate it seeing as nerds in a basement borderline figured it out on their own already.
Also...that new PS+ sub is proving me having been right about Sony this whole time.
the PS3 games in that new PS+ sub are streaming only

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
the PS3 games in that new PS+ sub are streaming only
So what does that mean exactly?
Did they retro-fit actual PS3 consoles for PS+ subscribers to remote into?
We've (this forum) had this discussion multiple times and this always gets brought up.
Sony stans keep going back to "Sony CAN'T emulate the PS3" and I always go back to "Sony DOESN'T WANT to emulate the PS3. What they WANT to do is CHARGE for the same capability that is available for FREE on XBOX.".
This is seems to be the circular argument that Sony stans can't wrap their brains around for stan reasons.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So what does that mean exactly?
Did they retro-fit actual PS3 consoles for PS+ subscribers to remote into?
We've (this forum) had this discussion multiple times and this always gets brought up.
Sony stans keep going back to "Sony CAN'T emulate the PS3" and I always go back to "Sony DOESN'T WANT to emulate the PS3. What they WANT to do is CHARGE for the same capability that is available for FREE on XBOX.".
This is seems to be the circular argument that Sony stans can't wrap their brains around for stan reasons.
yeah, PS3 games are streamed from PS3 hardware in the 'cloud'. I doubt they would have went with that (costly) solution if emulation was feasible

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Update:

I can get this to run 1080p 30-60 fps with the latest update.

I had to use throttle stop to undervolt/over clock cpu.

My only problem now is figuring out how to do this on battery as my laptop will only do it while connected to power, it throttles cpu otherwise. Charger causes battery to produce heat which raises temps of laptop.

Once CPU hits about 80 degrees throttle stop switches to another profile with lower cpu speeds

:patrice:

Well atleast your playing above PS3 levels which is what the game was originally designed for. As for Battery you definitely going to get trash performance especially trying to use RPCS3 on a laptop.You will need all the power you got since this emulator is very demanding on the CPU especially with Metal gear solid 4.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I mean, it’s technically mgs 5 so it would make sense.
Peace Walker is my 3rd favorite Metal Gear after 3 (Subsistence) and 1. Some people ain't fukk with the animated graphic novel cutscenes but I loved em. Obviously in a remake the game would use all in-engine cutscenes tho. They'd have to add crawling back and the ability to carry / drag enemies (even tho u was prolly just gonna Fulton em back to Mother Base).

From a UI standpoint, I would want them to rotate the HUD and reposition the life and stamina gauges back to their original places. In Peace Walker, it's consistent with Portable Ops, which I played right before Peace Walker, so it didn't really bother me, but I would still want that shyt fixed.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
this is the cringiest game i ever played :laff:

i can imagine u weeabs and cornjima stooges was saluting ur televisions during the credits

6e5fec35-2faa-4f62-9a57-36adcc0812b0

:laff:
:laff: :laff: