Will there ever be another album quite like The Chronic?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Think about how influential this album is.

Started a whole new era in Hip Hop. Gave way to a new batch of artists. The sound. The influence on clothes.

The mixing/mastering.

The slang/style of clothes.

The rhymes. The quotes.

Will there ever be another album that will match the level of influence The Chronic has?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Dude....did u lose your virginity while the chronic was playing or something?

This nikka and his pretentious ass. You ain't got nothing but stupid shyt to contribute to this thread then keep it moving.

No. I'm bored and I was listening to The Chronic like I always do at least once every couple of weeks and made the thread.

Got anymore stupid comments to make?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This nikka and his pretentious ass. You ain't got nothing but stupid shyt to contribute to this thread then keep it moving.

No. I'm bored and I was listening to The Chronic like I always do at least once every couple of weeks and made the thread.

Got anymore stupid comments to make?

:lupe:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:lupe:Well damn....I'm stumped with thinking of an album that will top it............fukk:patrice:

probably this:
No_Way_Out_-_Puff_Daddy.jpg

• Introduced the Shiny Suit Era
  • Top Notch Production
  • Ghostwriters out of the ass (those dudes in the background)
  • Top hit singles
  • 7 Million sold
  • Not a single bad track
  • Funny skits (Madd Rapper:mjlol:)
Close enough:ld:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yes, The Chronic 2001:ld:

It's better imo

2001 didn't have the influence that the Chronic had.
:lupe:Well damn....I'm stumped with thinking of an album that will top it............fukk:patrice:

probably this:
No_Way_Out_-_Puff_Daddy.jpg

• Introduced the Shiny Suit Era
  • Top Notch Production
  • Ghostwriters out of the ass (those dudes in the background)
  • Top hit singles
  • 7 Million sold
  • Not a single bad track
  • Funny skits (Madd Rapper:mjlol:)
Close enough:ld:

Close when you think about it. But nobody really goes back and studies this album like they do the Chronic. You don't hear producers on some, "Yeah, when I was making my 'Road Less Traveled' album, I went back and listened to Puff's No Way Out album for influence. Or you never hear a producer be like, that album influenced my sound for production.

But as far as success and cultural influence, definitely.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
2001 didn't have the influence that the Chronic had.

Close when you think about it. But nobody really goes back and studies this album like they do the Chronic. You don't hear producers on some, "Yeah, when I was making my 'Road Less Traveled' album, I went back and listened to Puff's No Way Out album for influence. Or you never hear a producer be like, that album influenced my sound for production.

In a way it's pretty sad really because despite the tackiness of the Shiny Suit Era, NWO was a pretty good album. I would dare say it's almost classic in a way. I miss that cinematic score sound to production which NWO constantly had. Looking back at that album it felt more of like a letter box blockbuster flick. I get your point though because The Chronic is a different type of beast altogether compared to No Way Out.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
On another note, I'm still trying to figure out how 2001>>>>>>>Chronic when it aged like spoiled pudding. Those corny guitar licks and stereotypical west coast piano notes killed the album for me, even during the time it came out. I probably bumped like 5 tracks before I got bored with the album completely. Meanwhile, The Chronic:banderas:.....still timeless. That vintage G Funk synth whine, the Death Row camp doing their thing throughout the album, a young Snoop Dogg starting up the intro, and those skits :ohlawd:. The Chronic was like a gangstafied rendition of The Dude

The_Dude_Quincy_Jones.jpg

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
In a way it's pretty sad really because despite the tackiness of the Shiny Suit Era, NWO was a pretty good album. I would dare say it's almost classic in a way. I miss that cinematic score sound to production which NWO constantly had. Looking back at that album it felt more of like a letter box blockbuster flick. I get your point though because The Chronic is a different type of beast altogether compared to No Way Out.

I agree.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But nobody really goes back and studies this album like they do the Chronic. You don't hear producers on some, "Yeah, when I was making my 'Road Less Traveled' album, I went back and listened to Puff's No Way Out album for influence. Or you never hear a producer be like, that album influenced my sound for production.

R U saying every producer on the planet has said this about The Chronic?

Where are u getting your numbers? seriously.

What u are saying obviously cant be said about the producers who existed before The Chronic was created....where are u getting these numbers? U basically r saying every producer after the chronic believes this for only this one album...where r the numbers?