Will the Overtime Elite Basketball League have the NCAA under pressure?/* 4th pick in 2023 draft

Uno

Superstar
Daps
The only person I know from Overtime Elite is OvertimeMegan. IYKYK

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I thought the same thing until draft night lol. NCAA about to take more L’s.

No they won't. NIL and G League will get more of these guys. OTE just lost 3 of their guys to Australia and G League this month. Amen and Ausar were projected lotto picks two years ago. Their other 5 star recruits like Gortman, Griggs and Jean Montero didn't even get drafted. Montero got screwed the most. At one point, he was projected in the lotto. Didn't even get a two-way contract after OTE. Barlow got a two-way spot with the Spurs and Pop said he didn't learn how to play at OTE.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
No they won't. NIL and G League will get more of these guys. OTE just lost 3 of their guys to Australia and G League this month. Amen and Ausar were projected lotto picks two years ago. Their other 5 star recruits like Gortman, Griggs and Jean Montero didn't even get drafted. Montero got screwed the most. At one point, he was projected in the lotto. Didn't even get a two-way contract after OTE. Barlow got a two-way spot with the Spurs and Pop said he didn't learn how to play at OTE.
Guys who were NBA starters and All Stars before coming to San Antonio struggled to learn Pop's system. So Pop's comments about that player are not an indictment of OTE. More about Pop's high standards for his players.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Love it!!!

Y’all know one of my life goals is to see the NCAA destroyed.

I know you all think it’s because I’ve never watched college sports but I just hate the thought of black kids playing for these colleges for free and making them filthy rich in the USA

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Love it!!!

I know you all think it’s because I’ve never watched college sports but I just hate the thought of black kids playing for these colleges for free and making them filthy rich in the USA
Only a handful of sports and programs generate money like that. Of all the basketball and football teams, vast majority aren't and weren't getting rich from their programs. The other sports break even or lose money. All those other kids were getting college costs paid for.
I like that NIL exists, but even now........the money making sports and programs and top players are cashing in. All those other kids are still attending college for free.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Love it!!!

I cant stand the NCAA also but the one and done basketball player actually benefits the player more than the school. Players making the school rich comes from college football