Will Sony allow Killer Instinct at EVO?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft announced at EVO yesterday they are now updating Killer Instinct but EVO is mostly used as a marketing tool for sony products at this point. They don’t really have any console exclusive fighting games at the event now that Nintendo pulled Smash Bros.

It would be weird for Microsoft to try and revive Killer Instinct and make it console exclusive when most fighting game fans are on playstation be default and PC at this point.

F2uP6R9WUAE19_O

Seems like if Microsoft really want to bring it back they’d have to come up off that exclusivity :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So Sony owned Evo hosted an invitational for Ki and allowed them to announce a new update. You are asking if they are going to do the thing they just did? :dahell:

An announcement is not the same as actually having a bracket for it. There are no xbox stations at evo and there won’t be. The number one thing sony gets out of owning evo is marketing for sony products

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SSN entry incoming.

nikkas aurged me down about this for years.

YEARS

I told people years ago that eventually Sony will go from a major sponsor with demands to a partner or owner.

With that said if Xbox had a PC/Xbox exclusive fighter that blew up it would have zero choice but to be at evo or face all kind of back lash.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And for as great as this Evo is there have been some serious issues that always go back to the samething...

Fighters on PlayStation always have issues, and agin this issue the samething happened.

The monitors even gave problems

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With that said if Xbox had a PC/Xbox exclusive fighter that blew up it would have zero choice but to be at evo or face all kind of back lash.

If it didn’t blow up the first time why would it now? Only choice is to make it multiplatform if it wants to stand a chance.

Everyone already learned last gen it doesn’t make sense to make platform exclusive fighters. The market is too small to lock off a huge audience, especially the playstation platform, thats just suicide

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Microsoft announced at EVO yesterday they are now updating Killer Instinct but EVO is mostly used as a marketing tool for sony products at this point. They don’t really have any console exclusive fighting games at the event now that Nintendo pulled Smash Bros.

It would be weird for Microsoft to try and revive Killer Instinct and make it console exclusive when most fighting game fans are on playstation be default and PC at this point.

F2uP6R9WUAE19_O

Seems like if Microsoft really want to bring it back they’d have to come up off that exclusivity :wow:

:laff:

At those Xbox Tekken numbers

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it didn’t blow up the first time why would it now? Only choice is to make it multiplatform if it wants to stand a chance.
:mjlol:

KI is and was popular, and a reason many folks bought a xb1 on top of that was like the 1st fighter to try a free 2 play model.

It doesn't need to be on PlayStation to stand a chance.

And the moment playstation starts blocking exclusive fighters on other platforms is the moment the integrity of Evo is killed from the gamers and public pov.

The only reason smash isn't at evo is because of Nintendo both not rocking with Sony and wanting control over what there IP is promoting...aka not playstation or Sony.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

KI is and was popular, and a reason many folks bought a xb1 on top of that was like the 1st fighter to try a free 2 play model.

It doesn't need to be on PlayStation to stand a chance.

And the moment playstation starts blocking exclusive fighters on other platforms is the moment the integrity of Evo is killed from the gamers and public pov.

The only reason smash isn't at evo is because of Nintendo both not rocking with Sony and wanting control over what there IP is promoting...aka not playstation or Sony.

Sony have already said its PS5/PS4 only at THEIR event, so if killer instinct wants to thrive in 2023 its going to be multiplatform. EVO is bigger and better than ever, you said it yourself, and thats because that sony money. I know that hurts your heart

No one is making a major fighting game and locking out playstation at this point. Thats a pipe dream

Maybe Microsoft can make their own EVO :ehh:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony have already said its PS5/PS4 only at THEIR event, so if killer instinct wants to thrive in 2023 its going to be multiplatform. EVO is bigger and better than ever, you said it yourself, and thats because that sony money. I know that hurts your heart

No one is making a major fighting game and locking out playstation at this point. Thats a pipe dream

I’m pretty sure they have some joints on PC there as well. But Microsoft would be dumb not to put a Killer Instinct 2 on PlayStation since Sony has a way better fighting game community.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And here I thought major companies coming in a buying independent things was a bad thing in y'all's eyes.

You also don't know what you're talking about :manny: this event is so much better mostly because of Rick running it this year.

He took his combo breaker format and applied it to Evo. The only thing Evo couldn't do was 24/7 casual play.

The venue location is the same as last year, a lot of the vendors booths are the same companies. Sony has sponsoring Evo for years now.

The biggest difference is the presence of like crunchy roll which took up a large space and was dope.

Y'all swear I hate on Sony just to hate but I have nothing bad to say about the event from a event side of thing.

The problem I have is the same problem I've had since Sony came in and wanted all games that are multiplat to on be played on the PlayStation. Even though PlayStation versions of fighters legit have always been the worst version since the Sega Saturn :francis: