Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Wait so you can get a verdict before the defense even finishes examine witnesses?

Da fukk? Can somebody explain how this works
For some reason they had the grand jury hearing and the evidence hearing all at the same time. As soon as the grand jury had it's indictment, that would end the evidence hearing. Thats why the DA was stalling for so long with repeated questions to the EMS worker.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
2:44 PM ET
  • i

Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer
A grand jury has indicted Cardell Hayes, who allegedly shot and killed former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith on the charge of second-degree murder.

i

Cardell Hayes has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of former Saints player Will Smith following a car crash. New Orleans Police Department
Hayes has also been indicted on the charge of attempted murder against Smith's wife, Racquel.

The indictments interrupted the preliminary hearing that is ongoing in a separate courtroom. The state and Hayes' attorneys are arguing whether testimony will continue in the preliminary hearing.

Hayes, who owns a tow truck company and last year played in a semiprofessional league, has been held in jail since the shooting.

Police said Hayes's Hummer hit Smith's Mercedes SUV from behind on April 9 and they got into an argument in which Smith was shot and killed. The Orleans Parish coroner said Smith was shot a total of eight times with seven of those bullet wounds in his back. Racquel Smith was shot twice in her legs.

A lawyer for Hayes has said repeatedly that his client was not the aggressor and that the truth will come out during the investigation. Hayes has been jailed since the shooting.

A lawyer for Smith's family has described Hayes as "enraged" during the shooting and portrayed his clients as the victims.

Smith was a leader on the Saints team that won the Super Bowl after the 2009 season. The New York native and Ohio State star stayed in the New Orleans area after his 2012 retirement.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Didn't the video show the hummer getting hit instead:ohhh:

Damn they really ain't trying to hear him out:patrice: