WILL KEVIN DURANT EVER SCORE 60 POINTS?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
No disrespect to Durant who is an all time great but he doesn't have enough scoring titles high enough average or games where he just went into the zone and went for 50 plus considering his talent level and ability to get a shot at anytime. He's got the same amount of scoring titles as AI and has had seasons where he let Westbrook and Steph (not a bad thing in his case) take more shots then him. That should NEVER happen with a guy who can score at will. And if he had the mentality he'd be working on about 8 or 9 scoring titles now.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I need him to go on a "fukk it" streak of games before he retire.

On sum:

full

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Feels unlikely that his co-stars will have super wack performances like Dray, Wiggins and Klay

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No disrespect to Durant who is an all time great but he doesn't have enough scoring titles high enough average or games where he just went into the zone and went for 50 plus considering his talent level and ability to get a shot at anytime. He's got the same amount of scoring titles as AI and has had seasons where he let Westbrook and Steph (not a bad thing in his case) take more shots then him. That should NEVER happen with a guy who can score at will. And if he had the mentality he'd be working on about 8 or 9 scoring titles now.
Maybe he's not that guy. I mean no doubt he is a great scorer, all time great, but maybe just maybe he aint THAT.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a killer.

He won't take 35+ shots to save his life.
What if he needs to do it in order to win?

I personally think KD has a phobia of missing shots

So he only likes taking shots he’s comfortable with or knows he’ll make.

Chuckers score a lot because they shoot without thinking/remorse

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I think he said the moment he gets hot the coaches scheme to get the ball out his hand and make him play make. So he makes the correct play and passes so as not to force the issue. I was surprised though that Stephs scoring highs weren't that amazing

MyApps

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

That's why he hasn't won shyt. If he's so efficient and is a match up nightmare due to size, why the fukk doesn't he take 35+ shots, especially in playoff games that he has to win.

That's really his only weakness.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And they are often inefficient and can shoot their squad out of a game. KD is better than almost all of them. KD has the ability to be the unquestioned GOAT scorer but he doesn't have the mentality. He's got more tools than a Kobe. But Kobe was gonna get buckets or die trying. I hate this term and how it's used but it applies here...KD doesn't have the "dog" in him. He lets folks/moments get in his head. He cant exert his will physically and can be pushed around (although this isn't quite the issue it used to be it still is an issue--see that Boston series). Also, most of the super high scoring games come on one man show type squads where you need him to go off like that. KD's worst teammate since year 2 is prime Russ. He has always had talent around him AND he ain't the type to assert himself.