Will any big budget non animated movie be a huge hit this summer?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Civil War has come and gone. - and by this i mean, it's on the way out, you fukkin idiots who think i meant it flopped. it's the clear king of summer before the summer even got started, and I highly HIGHLY doubt any movie listed below will be even close to as good. We good?

TMNT2 flopped. XMen kinda flopped, or at least did a lot worse than expected. Now You See Me 2 doesn't have a prayer...

Look at the list of big budget movies coming out from now til September:

Central Intelligence - probably not a massive budget, but $100 mil is likely. looks terrible. Will probably make pretty good money in the short term.

Independence Day 2 - before this summer I would have said this was a sequel no one really wanted, but with the slim pickens it might do alright. I still don't think it's gonna be a massive success. Still, it might be the financial hit of the summer.

The BFG - Spielberg, but it looks pretty terrible, and are there many people that truly care about the source material. Giant movies are usually terrible.

The Legend of Tarzan - who the fukk asked for this? Looks fine, but who's running to see this on a hot July day?

Ghostbusters - :francis: might make good bank out of morbid curiousity, but I doubt it.

Star Trek Beyond - will make a lot, but come and go. This is a nearly dead franchise.

Jason Bourne - Seems like a movie whose budget it bigger than it needs to be. Will do fine, I'm sure. I personally don't give a fukk and I don't know if Bournes are massive hits as is.

Suicide Squad - will do well, and is one of a couple I actually wanna see, but it has the DCU stink on it, and might tank after one week. who knows.

Pete's Dragon - another "who the fukk is this for?" movie with old source material that adults probably don't care about and kids probably don't know. Looks like pure shyt. Will flop.

Ben-hur - who the fukk is this for?

This summer is dogshyt. Outside of Disney with thier live action fairytales, Marvel and Star Wars, big budget movies might be dying. DC has a chance. Avatars will probably make money when they eventually. That Harry Potter spinoff will bank... but what else is there? Looks like Christmas and pre-summer are the big times now. The Summer blockbuster is toast.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's to many big movies coming out at once. I like cake, but if you force feed it to me quick enough, I'm going to get fatigued real quick. We're only half way into the year and we've got 5 comic book movies already out with two more to go and the usual yearly number is between 2 and 4.

I know it's animated but I think Finding Dory is the only movie that is going to crush the buildings this summer. So many underground rumblings about this movie and when it hits (whether the reception is good or bad) - LOOK OUT!

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the animated movies will do well, that's why i left them out. that Secret Life of Pets looks like absolute garbage to me, but I'm sure it's gonna do great. Sausage Party might be the top comedy of the summer, but these "blockbusters" all look terrible and really unnecessary to me.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't see any of these flicks making over 200 here in the states aside from suicide squad..possibly id4. Xmen can't even break 150 here. Turtles flopped hard :mjlol: looked horrible though.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
They played a trailer for The Founder before X-Men when I went to see it the other day. That was quite a ballsy move to put that movie in a summer release instead of the usual fall/winter release (Oscar season). I have to give them props for that. Hope it works out for them.:ehh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
That was quite a ballsy move to put The Founder in a summer release instead of the usual fall/winter release (Oscar season). I have to give them props for that. Hope it works out for them.:ehh:
the weirder one in that Matthew McM Civil War movie, which is coming out in July. That must not be that great a movie, b/c there's no way it should be a July release.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
that BFG joint looks fresh tho:dwillhuh:

hes a friendly Giant that doesnt eat the kids :mjcry:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
the weirder one in that Matthew McM Civil War movie, which is coming out in July. That must not be that great a movie, b/c there's no way it should be a July release.

I would have tried to get that somewhere in August, which has become a bit of a hot spot for movies in the last few years (GOTG, Straight Outta Compton, etc.) or maybe even September. This thread has made me realize how difficult it is to schedule movies. :wow:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
that BFG joint looks fresh tho:dwillhuh:

hes a friendly Giant that doesnt eat the kids :mjcry:
who asked for this? do adults care about this source material, and do kids even know it's a thing? i think the cgi looks like shyt too.