Wii U PC Emulator Cemu: Can play games in 4K now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They released a new version that brought significant improvements. Game is fully playable at 4K/60fps looks like.

edit: Beginner's guide on setting up CEMU/BOTW:

1. You download the CEMU public release sometime on 1.1.2018.
2. Right click CEMU and disable full screen optimization.
3. Run it and go to options and input and set up your controller. I always do that first.
4. Download CEMU Hook Cemu hook - a plugin for the Wii U emulator and just copy it into the same folder as the CEMU exe.
5. Go to CPU--->Mode and set up either dual or triple core support
6.Go to Debug and under custom timer check QPC(this is for faster loading)
7. Download the graphics packs from Download Instructions and just copy them over into the graphics packs folder
8. Google how to use WiiU USB loader to download BOTW and it's updates in case you don't want to do them off your console.
9. Use CEMU's function to first install the update then DLC. It's under file.
10. Run the game once so it creates a shader cache folder.
11. Google how to download shader caches and put the downloaded shader cache in your transferable folder. Can't direct link to this since it's Nintendo owned and against site policy.
12. Enable the graphics packs you picked(fps++ is one you deffo need, resolution is preference) under CEMU--->options--->Graphics Packs
13. Start your game and wait for it to load the shader caches for the first time.
14. If it's still not running as fast as you want under Options set GPU buffer accurary to low.

Enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ran it for about 45 minutes after everything was setup and all done. Runs good enough imo. I was able to hit 30+fps at 4K outdoors/50~60fps inside shrines in BOTW. It looks way better than the Switch version obviously. I don't feel like playing this game over though as it's quite a chore imo to play and I'm already way farther in it on the Switch version.

My specs:
I5 4690K OC'd to 4.3GHZ
16GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 1070 8GB
W10 64 BIT

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quick Video I did. Game looks wonderful at 60fps and I edited the mod so I can reach even higher fps to take advantage of my screen. Game looks amazing at 90fps+.

YT video is capped at 60fps of course. Kept Rivatuner statistics on for data.

I dl'd the DLC and edited a dl'd save file I found online so I can continue on from close to where I was before.