Wife: "my husband only makes 170k, we won't be buying a 2nd home anytime soon"

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Heidi Cruz complains about Ted’s $174,000 Senate salary: ‘We’re not buying a second home anytime soon’
default.gif

Brad Reed
18 Oct 2018 at 10:21 ET
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Heidi-Cruz-during-an-interview-on-Fox-Business-Screenshot-800x430.jpg

Heidi Cruz during an interview on Fox Business (Screenshot)
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

Heidi Cruz, the wife of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), is upset that she still has to be her household’s primary breadwinner because her husband “only” makes $174,000 a year as a member of the United States Senate.

In an interview with The Atlantic, Cruz complained that her husband’s Senate career has meant that he’s been stuck making less than $200,000 a year for the past seven years, which puts more pressure on her to bring in the bucks.

“Six to seven years in it, with me being the primary breadwinner — it’s like, ‘Uh, yeah, this is when people say thank you. I’ll now take that appreciation,'” she said. “Yeah, we’re seven years into this, and we’re not buying a second home anytime soon.”

It may be Heidi’s way of avoiding one truth she’s learned as a political spouse: that this life only gets harder as it goes on. Another term in the Senate means six more years her husband won’t live at home. It means more family conversations about why Dad can’t make it to school on Wednesday for the meet and greet with Caroline’s new teachers. It means Heidi is working 70-hour weeks not only because she wants to, but also because she has to.

Cruz, who is an investment manager at Goldman Sachs, tells The Atlantic that she’s had to regularly work 70-hour weeks to make enough money to support her family. Despite this, she says she’s still supportive of what her husband is doing in politics.

“I really hope he wins his reelection,” she said. “I really feel mission-driven on what he’s accomplishing.”

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Cruz, who is an investment manager at Goldman Sachs, tells The Atlantic that she’s had to regularly work 70-hour weeks to make enough money to support her family. Despite this, she says she’s still supportive of what her husband is doing in politics.
Think she really working 70hrs to make ends meet:camby:

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Im in TX and there is a really good chance Cruz gets replaced these mid-terms, and she goes and says this dumbass shxt. If i was him id be heated.

Plus lets be real. Does she think her husband being a US senator has nothing to do with her getting promoted at Goldman Sachs?

:usure:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Cruz, who is an investment manager at Goldman Sachs, tells The Atlantic that she’s had to regularly work 70-hour weeks to make enough money to support her family
Not only does he make 170K, she's making at the last 150K from her base salary at Goldman, not including eoy bonuses, incentives and stock options. Fuk these entitled cacs, some people's household income doesn't hit 6 figures but she's "struggling" to support her family...

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F