Why won't one of these big developers Shang Tsung PUBG's sauce?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I used to be a PUBG head, but it's way too many campers in that shyt and too slow paced compared to the other BRs.

PUBG themselves could be a better version of PUBG but they don't want to because they're still raking it in.

This right here is the craziest part of it all. Do you understand how blown my mind was when I saw how popular PUBG Mobile is? I'm pretty sure it's more active than both PC and console COMBINED.

This developer must've just been in it for the bag. And not the biggest bag ever, just wanted a seat at the table to eat comfortably. From a business point of view, I can't be mad at it. But as a gamer, Im ready to mask up and ride out on these fukk boys

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
This right here is the craziest part of it all. Do you understand how blown my mind was when I saw how popular PUBG Mobile is? I'm pretty sure it's more active than both PC and console COMBINED.
Asia don't play when it comes to mobile gaming.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Pubg was my first br experience. The problem is honestly that shytty engine needs to be overhauled

• Dap
Reactions: BBG

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PUBG fukked up by going temporary exclusive to xbox last gen. They let other people usurp them in the BR space

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Nah I get it Fortnite is completely for the casual bot ass gamer who is more concerned about being bob the builder than surgical with a firearm. Makes total sense for a developer to pimp that lane.

However I'm pissed the hell off that hardcore gamers must suffer because there's more money in catering to casuals. Serious question, are there not enough hardcore gamers to justify developing games with them in mind? I mean because we have had mil-sim shooters developed and released, but they mostly suck. I think my addiction to PUBG is just derived from lack of competition. I dead ass can't get the feeling of a chicken dinner anywhere else. Which is good for Krafton because we'll keep coming back for another hit, but damn I would think other companies would want in on that niche market. I have ZERO problems finding a game on PUBG, no matter what time of day it is (squads). Game is not dead even on console all these years later.
Look what Infinity Ward and Activision did with Warzone 2. They catered to bots and alienated a majority of their player base. :unimpressed:

These companies are just run by spreadsheets and pandering to the lowest common denominator. :unimpressed:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Look what Infinity Ward and Activision did with Warzone 2. They catered to bots and alienated a majority of their player base. :unimpressed:

These companies are just run by spreadsheets and pandering to the lowest common denominator. :unimpressed:
Damn shame.. Blackout was legit and a real PUBG competitor. It legit took away from my PUBG time during it's run. Then Warzone dropped and was a step down in my opinion, but the past year or so of WZ has just been outrageous.

Wouldn’t Warzone be the AAA equivalent to PUBG?
Hell no. Like I said above, Blackout was close though and winning a game of it certainly was a rush. WZ though is far too casual. For instance on blackout you actually had to heal yourself. Not just the armor, but actually use bandages n shyt. WZ you just chill out for a second and ya shyts just magically replenishes. Corny. PUBG's juice is in its intricacies-- these dudes really took time to get all the little things right that make it feel realistic and authentic, even though it's just a videogame. My heart rate has never reached the levels it has being man down in your squad with 12 people left in phase 6 of PUBG. That exact same situation just aint the same in other games.