Why white critics’ fear of engaging Tyler Perry is stifling honest debate

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
i fuxed with perry's plays. when he started making movies it was me like :rudy:, mom like: new TP :blessed: :bow:.

i salute the dood tho cuz if you really think about it, the black community should be congratulating him. his hustle game is on point. You got doods on here worshippin drug dealers but hatin on TP, at least he's doing it the legal way. I bet he pays his taxes too, is that c00nery???

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
i fuxed with perry's plays. when he started making movies it was me like :rudy:, mom like: new TP :blessed: :bow:.

i salute the dood tho cuz if you really think about it, the black community should be congratulating him. his hustle game is on point. You got doods on here worshippin drug dealers but hatin on TP, at least he's doing it the legal way. I bet he pays his taxes too, is that c00nery???
I guarantee nobody here criticizing TP is celebrating drug dealers.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Tyler perry get respect for making movies and getting his money, but he get's no love for the fact his movies are the same as these books black women buy all the time about life with a drug dealer and how to hustle the game..

I respect the likes of F. Gary Gray and Antoine Fuqua more because these brothers movies be much more than your typical tyler perry movie centered on black women relationships for better or worst.

look at the directors i name list of movies and u see the difference..

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Idgaf just cause he the only one doing it doesn't mean he needs to appeal to everybody. That's usually how your shyt go brick anyway. Think of a hardcore rapper that switches his shyt up completely more times than not he going to get clowned no difference here. Just cause its not many doesn't equal TP should do every type of movie genre out to make y'all feel better in the eyes of white people.

Where have most of his fans said it was great at ESP on here? See this is how cats get labeled as crabs and haters when you spewing negative non sense that nobody even said. Show me this overwhelming support where cats have said the movies were great and I'll apologize cause I'm beyond being admitting I was wrong but you wont find it at least on here in big nuMbers if at all.

First of all, why do you keep referencing this site? The world is bigger than The-Coli. Opinions are bigger than the Coli. If 100% of this site liked TP movies, that doesnt mean even 1% of the world does.

Furthermore, most of his fans DO think his movies are great. OTherwise why are they going to go see all of them?

This isnt about white peope at all :what: I as a black person would like to be able to go to the movies and see black faces in more than just typical same ol nikka roles. TP has the power to do that, but probably never will.

You can't possibly look at black movies over the course of the late 80's/90's and look at TP movies and even compare the breadth of the two.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I just hope he funds other Black flimmakers. Spike needs to kill the beef and work with Tyler to make good films. Spike is a great director but as a businessman, he sucks.

This is nonsense. What the hell prevents someone from making the next Menace to society, regardless of what Tyler is doing. This is a lazy way of thinking and continues the mindset of "we can't do nothing unless white folk allow us to do it" that continues to hold black folk back.

Not saying it's TP's concern or fault, but if a young talented black director brings an original & compelling script to a studio with a 90% black cast and needs $20 Million or more to make it, what you think they gonna say? That type of film may or may not recoup, but it's a risk a studio doesn't need to take anymore now that they can safely back a TP film instead.

I know, I know, we don't need the white man, just make it yourself. But everybody aint sitting on Millions in play money to fund their own projects. Props to TP for that at least.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Not saying it's TP's concern or fault, but if a young talented black director brings an original & compelling script to a studio with a 90% black cast and needs $20 Million or more to make it, what you think they gonna say? That type of film may or may not recoup, but it's a risk a studio doesn't need to take anymore now that they can safely back a TP film instead.

I know, I know, we don't need the white man, just make it yourself. But everybody aint sitting on Millions in play money to fund their own projects. Props to TP for that at least.

That that young guru needs to reduce his budget and either produce it himself or hustle harder to find someone to help him make his movie. NO ONE is going to give some brand new writer or producer a 20 million budget out the gate with no credentials! :stopitslime:

You act as if Tyler Perry came out the gate getting large budgets. That nikka used to tour the country putting on low budget plays. That is how he gained his audience. Tyler's hustle has been impeccable, but pirate or not. He definitely gets it in. No homo.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
That that young guru needs to reduce his budget and either produce it himself or hustle harder to find someone to help him make his movie. NO ONE is going to give some brand new writer or producer a 20 million budget out the gate with no credentials! :stopitslime:

You act as if Tyler Perry came out the gate getting large budgets. That nikka used to tour the country putting on low budget plays. That is how he gained his audience. Tyler's hustle has been impeccable, but pirate or not. He definitely gets it in. No homo.
Im tired of MFers putting money over everything. His hustle is great. So what. Big Meech's hustle was great. But both dudes are bad news for the black community. This worship of money is one of the greatest weapons the powers that be used to accelerate the destruction of the black family unit

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

Maybe $20 Mill was too high a number to use as an example, but Columbia gave John Singleton $6 Mill to make Boyz in 1991. I'm sure that was a pretty penny back then.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
First of all, why do you keep referencing this site? The world is bigger than The-Coli. Opinions are bigger than the Coli. If 100% of this site liked TP movies, that doesnt mean even 1% of the world does.

Furthermore, most of his fans DO think his movies are great. OTherwise why are they going to go see all of them?

This isnt about white peope at all :what: I as a black person would like to be able to go to the movies and see black faces in more than just typical same ol nikka roles. TP has the power to do that, but probably never will.

You can't possibly look at black movies over the course of the late 80's/90's and look at TP movies and even compare the breadth of the two.
Well if you that concerned with seeing them type of movies and your not make em. Nothing stopping you and I'm mentioning this site cause this is where we at talking about it. You also don't have to think something is great just to like it fukk kinda logic is that. Somethings are just what they are and this nikkas movies are just that. Nothing great just the same soup warmed up for people that like his shyt. Again you don't like it cool dont go see it or better yet make your own shyt it's space out there since he the only one.