Why waste so much money on funerals?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics#Financial_issues

The most common method of paying for cryonics is life insurance, which spreads the cost over many years. Cryonics advocates are quick to point out that such insurance is especially affordable for young people. Cryonics providers claim that even the most expensive cryonics plans are “affordable for the vast majority” of people in the industrialized world who really want it and plan for it in advance. With the advent of low-cost cryonics provided by companies such as KrioRus (so far in Europe only) cryonics becomes feasible even for last-minute cases.

Yeah man I personally think the era we're living in now is boring as fukk. I want to listen to Illmatic while on the starship enterprise.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
If its anything cheaper than cremating I'd prefer that. Throw me in the swamp, meat grinder, feed to the hogs.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The somber ambiance of a funeral is what I dont like.

At least if yall gone spend all that money try to have a good time to celebrate the life. If my loved one just died I dont need any help in feeling down but funerals go out their way to make shyt even more depressing. Turn that sad ass music off!

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
It almost seems like the nikka who preaches the funeral goes out his way extra hard to try and get folks crying and screaming and hollering... It's like afterwards when everybody is whipped into a frenzy he's like :smugbiden:

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its their money and decision :manny:

:damn: depressing thread all of us gonna be in a casket,urn,dumpster,river or landfill one day

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I think cemetaries are one of the dumbest ideas. All that land being used to store carcasses. Buying plots, caskets, headstones, etc. For you to be forgotten about or not visited down the road :mindblown:

My grandfather was such a penny pincher, he made my dad and aunt sign paperwork donating his body to science research. When he passed, I think it was either Columbia U or NYU medical that received his body. They had it for awhile, I assume for medical students to work on, and then sent my grandmother a nice urn with his ashes. Still had a little ceremony at the church though.
:salute:

Had the crazy debate about this a couple months ago....nikkas looked at me like I was the devil himself cause I said the same shyt

There're no relatives visiting these plots for centuries. Shyt don't make sense. I certainly plan to donate my organs and body to science, but unless the future is like futurama, then I want myself intact

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I agree. Please don't spend copious amounts of money when laying me to rest.

On another note, it's beautiful the way the Koreans (or at least S. Koreans) bury their dead among the mountains! Along the mountain side, all you see are headstones! The higher you are on the mountain, the close to god...of course i'm sure you have to pay for the prime spot, but it's aesthetically pleasing!

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
The somber ambiance of a funeral is what I dont like.

At least if yall gone spend all that money try to have a good time to celebrate the life. If my loved one just died I dont need any help in feeling down but funerals go out their way to make shyt even more depressing. Turn that sad ass music off!

In my experience the best parties have been after funerals! We definitely celebrate in my family! (Or it could just be the liquor that inspires the celebration, either way, we get it in)