Why waste so much money on funerals?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
They are just following the rules of this society where money is somehow relative to love and affection.

I agree that its overdone most times but it is what it is. :manny:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You're too logical for this world, breh.

Humans, for some reason, love ceremonies. Like if you think about it, what's really the point of celebrating my birthday every year? I hate that shyt. I turn my phone off every year, cause I don't wanna be bothered.

:mindblown:

What's so hard about picking up the phone and saying thank you to the people wishing you happy bday?

I just don't understand how someone gets to this point in their life

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Funeral homes are caking. A casket is relatively cheap, but they'll mark that up in the thousands. Plot of land, that's cheap too. Maintenance? Mowing the lawn.

I still believe you should bury a person appropriately, but to charge thousands of dollars is nuts? You can have a million dollar wedding or a Vegas drive-thru wedding. I have a business idea of having a walmart type of funeral home where funeral services and caskets would be super cheap. The only issue would be that you would have to transport the deceased body to a location that is remote, not city land.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree, It is an overrated thing especially when the person was no good but the family got the pastor lying saying he/she was a good person who also helped out and stuff..

On a side note... I was in the pharmacy recently and after buying these prescriptions that my MIL will need for life I was like damn .. its cheaper to die. Why waste all this money in medicine knowing damn well we gonna die. And why prolong your life taking pills if you cant enjoy it because you on pills

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

What's so hard about picking up the phone and saying thank you to the people wishing you happy bday?

I just don't understand how someone gets to this point in their life

shyt's annoying, breh. Plus I hate talking on the phone. Send me a txt... or don't... and I'm good.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I remember someone saying once before that "Funerals are for the living"... I was like :leon: but it made perfect sense. It seems that everything is so that the surviving ones can feel better about THEMSELVES. My pops was in the hospital for a good 2 months before he passed away, and maybe about three weeks before he died, my moms had told me that she was thinking about cremation, in case this was the end. Now I had an older cousin (she's since passed away) on my pops' side, who lived like THREE BLOCKS from the hospital. And I never saw her at the hospital once; I was there every single day. After she found out that we were going to have him cremated, she wanted to make a fuss on the low about "he wouldn't have wanted that; he should be in a casket". My moms was stressed enough without having to hear all this, so when I saw my cousin, I pulled her aside on some :ufdup:... "You was never at the hospital while he was in his last days, but now you wanna run stuff? You only want him laid out so you can come in and make a big scene over the casket, when we all know that you was mad at him cause he told you the truth"

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I think my grandmother's shyt cost a lot i think, god bless her soul, now their is no god but god bless her.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Most people don't have this planned out so when someone dies and you are responsible for the arrangements you are going do comparison shopping for deals?

:skip:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always remember years ago when my great uncle died. Dude was a deadbeat never cared about anyone disappeared for like ten years prior to his death and just popped back up when he was sick. Dude died no life insurance policy. My great aunt who struggled for years after this nygga left spent like 30k on dudes funeral, blew like her savings. Put this nikka in a mahogany coffin, shipped his black ass back to Jamaica bought big ass headstone and all that for what,?

I always tell my folks if I die before them just throw me in some cheap azz ish and use my insurance policy and go away on vacation or something

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

because its the marriage of capitalism and religion. Your white jesus says that when people die they go off into some magical world in the sky (that somehow defeats space time continuum, and feelings through organs and tissues which stay on earth and degrade to nothing), and as such we should spend thousands and thousands of dollars to celebrate this process, rather than just quietly celebrating a life and what someone meant to us with friends and fam.

Just cremate me and dump my ashes somewhere cool. Smoke a blunt, pass it around while sharing stories. Fck I care? Im dead, niqqa!

Put food on my table for years :manny:

It's just a way of honoring the dead. No matter how much of a deadbeat someone can be, if that person's family loved them, it's a way of sending them off. I'd want something simple myself, but I can understand the thought process behind it.

I will just leave this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

Not sure about you guys but I want to live forever. Would be cool to be revived (as my teenager self with advanced reverse aging techniques) in the year 3120 and travel space.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
As much as my moms did for me there is no way i could just dump her in a hole in a wooden box. The total for my moms funeral was 8 grand and it was very nice. The money came out the life insurance policy so its not like anyone went into debt to pay for it.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I will just leave this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

Not sure about you guys but I want to live forever. Would be cool to be revived (as my teenager self with advanced reverse aging techniques) in the year 3120 and travel space.

I think about that when I read sites like this: Future Timeline | Technology | Singularity | 2020 | 2050 | 2100 | 2150 | 2200 | 21st century | 22nd century | 23rd century | Humanity | Predictions | Events

Some of that shyt would be :ohlawd: to see

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
i always felt this way :laugh: Crazy how people on the coli think alike.

I would honestly tell my fam to just toss me in the ocean when I'm dead but theyd probably look at me like a mad man

same here. I specifically told my wife to creamate me cuz that was the cheapest funeral option available. I think u can get that done for under $500.