Why waste so much money on funerals?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I always remember years ago when my great uncle died. Dude was a deadbeat never cared about anyone disappeared for like ten years prior to his death and just popped back up when he was sick. Dude died no life insurance policy. My great aunt who struggled for years after this nygga left spent like 30k on dudes funeral, blew like her savings. Put this nikka in a mahogany coffin, shipped his black ass back to Jamaica bought big ass headstone and all that for what,?

I always tell my folks if I die before them just throw me in some cheap azz ish and use my insurance policy and go away on vacation or something

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always remember years ago when my great uncle died. Dude was a deadbeat never cared about anyone disappeared for like ten years prior to his death and just popped back up when he was sick. Dude died no life insurance policy. My great aunt who struggled for years after this nygga left spent like 30k on dudes funeral, blew like her savings. Put this nikka in a mahogany coffin, shipped his black ass back to Jamaica bought big ass headstone and all that for what,?

I always tell my folks if I die before them just throw me in some cheap azz ish and use my insurance policy and go away on vacation or something

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

You're too logical for this world, breh.

Humans, for some reason, love ceremonies. Like if you think about it, what's really the point of celebrating my birthday every year? I hate that shyt. I turn my phone off every year, cause I don't wanna be bothered.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
because its the marriage of capitalism and religion. Your white jesus says that when people die they go off into some magical world in the sky (that somehow defeats space time continuum, and feelings through organs and tissues which stay on earth and degrade to nothing), and as such we should spend thousands and thousands of dollars to celebrate this process, rather than just quietly celebrating a life and what someone meant to us with friends and fam.

Just cremate me and dump my ashes somewhere cool. Smoke a blunt, pass it around while sharing stories. Fck I care? Im dead, niqqa!

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Put food on my table for years :manny:

It's just a way of honoring the dead. No matter how much of a deadbeat someone can be, if that person's family loved them, it's a way of sending them off. I'd want something simple myself, but I can understand the thought process behind it.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
I think cemetaries are one of the dumbest ideas. All that land being used to store carcasses. Buying plots, caskets, headstones, etc. For you to be forgotten about or not visited down the road :mindblown:

My grandfather was such a penny pincher, he made my dad and aunt sign paperwork donating his body to science research. When he passed, I think it was either Columbia U or NYU medical that received his body. They had it for awhile, I assume for medical students to work on, and then sent my grandmother a nice urn with his ashes. Still had a little ceremony at the church though.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always felt like this as well. Maybe we need to change the tradition.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
My niece funeral a month ago was 3 racks for some nice ish. Pink casket, all that. Its the last memory u have of them, plus its not like they will ever borrow from u again. Send em out in style.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
I think cemetaries are one of the dumbest ideas. All that land being used to store carcasses. Buying plots, caskets, headstones, etc. For you to be forgotten about or not visited down the road :mindblown:

My grandfather was such a penny pincher, he made my dad and aunt sign paperwork donating his body to science research. When he passed, I think it was either Columbia U or NYU medical that received his body. They had it for awhile, I assume for medical students to work on, and then sent my grandmother a nice urn with his ashes. Still had a little ceremony at the church though.

The industry and trends are changing. More and more people are moving towards cremations these days. Sans something like Arlington National Cemetery, I think it's a better way to honor the dead.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My niece funeral a month ago was 3 racks for some nice ish. Pink casket, all that. Its the last memory u have of them, plus its not like they will ever borrow from u again. Send em out in style.

Well obviously it's different if it's someone who wasn't supposed to go. I can definitely see a family gathering ceremoniously for the death of a child, more for the support that they'll need to just keep on going after something like that.

But if I'm a 94 year-old walking corpse, nah just melt me down and enjoy whatever I leave ya'll.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Because in death we're all desperate to be remembered as being important with a huge and noteworthy legacy to be honored for. In the end, I don't see it as much either, but some people really feel the need to "honor" the fallen.

Mry4eLA.gif

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
because its the marriage of capitalism and religion. Your white jesus says that when people die they go off into some magical world in the sky (that somehow defeats space time continuum, and feelings through organs and tissues which stay on earth and degrade to nothing), and as such we should spend thousands and thousands of dollars to celebrate this process, rather than just quietly celebrating a life and what someone meant to us with friends and fam.

Just cremate me and dump my ashes somewhere cool. Smoke a blunt, pass it around while sharing stories. Fck I care? Im dead, niqqa!

I already had it arranged to have your body donated to the UCSD science department. They'll be fascinated by the vaunted amount of illicit substances in your system.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just want my ppl to throw a big party in my name and smoke some of my ashes if they really want to cherish the moment

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i always felt this way :laugh: Crazy how people on the coli think alike.

I would honestly tell my fam to just toss me in the ocean when I'm dead but theyd probably look at me like a mad man