Why wasn't Ethiopia colonized by Europeans?

Daps
The point of the matter is, it was occupied not colonised.

As for why italians claimed that, don't know, don't care, look into it.

and if the country is not recongnised by cacs, doesn't mean its not recognised at all. China some parts were colonised and was 1,000 years older than Europe.
Dude trying to shove his opinion on to me:russ:
Ok you know what let's leave out the part of white Europeans opinion which was the only argument to make.
There is 2 facts I know
1. Ethiopia was part of a colony called Italian east Africa :mjlol:
2. Like all it's other colonies Ethiopia had askari:mjlol:
Show me what made Ethiopia different from other colonies:stopitslime:
Occupied countries did not have askari:mjlol:

Daps
Dude trying to shove his opinion on to me:russ:
Ok you know what let's leave out the part of white Europeans opinion which was the only argument to make.
There is 2 facts I know
1. Ethiopia was part of a colony called Italian east Africa :mjlol:
2. Like all it's other colonies Ethiopia had askari:mjlol:
Show me what made Ethiopia different from other colonies:stopitslime:
Occupied countries did not have askari:mjlol:

I think it's all semantics some will say occupied others will say colony. If you claim Ethiopa never having been colonized then you must acknowledge Eritreas claims.

My grandpa who passed away a couple years back will say it was a colony having lived during the time. He even worked for the local tax people as an understudy. He also believed Ethiopia would've been better off as a colony under British or French over the false king Haile Selassie. I miss my grandpa and his stories of the past.:to:

Daps
I think it's all semantics some will say occupied others will say colony. If you claim Ethiopa never having been colonized then you must acknowledge Eritreas claims.

My grandpa who passed away a couple years back will say it was a colony having lived during the time. He even worked for the local tax people as an understudy. He also believed Ethiopia would've been better off as a colony under British or French over the false king Haile Selassie. I miss my grandpa and his stories of the past.:to:
are you Eritrea bro:wow: most people who Stan him in the west and Africa don't how much of a monster he was :wow:

Daps
are you Eritrea bro:wow: most people who Stan him in the west and Africa don't how much of a monster he was :wow:
I'm actually half my mother side is Eritrean. My dad side is Arsi Oromo and Showan Oromo.

Rightful king was Iyasu who was robbed of the crown through bs and scandalous back stabbing. I don't think the world will ever acknowledge who the man with the safari suits was really about and how he ruled his people. I'm fine with that tho.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Ethiopia was a Christian state and had alliances with multiple European countries
Italy was one of the weaker European militaries

Anyone telling you anything different is a liar.

Pretty much this.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
From Wikipedia: The Battle of Adwa (Amharic:አድዋ; Amharic translated: Adowa, or sometimes by the Italian name Adua) was fought on 2 March 1896/Yekatit 23, 1889 according to Ethiopian calendar between the Ethiopian Empire and the Kingdom of Italy near the town of Adwa, Ethiopia, in Tigray.

This climactic battle of the First Italo-Ethiopian War, was a decisive defeat for Italy and secured Ethiopian sovereignty.
:blessed:

As the 20th century approached, Africa had been carved up among the European powers at the Berlin Conference.
:mindblown:

The two independent exceptions were the Republic of Liberia on the west coast and Ethiopia, or then still commonly known as Abyssinia, in the eastern Horn of Africa region.

I'm starting to understand why Rastas and Ethiopians are so proud brehs. I know Africans have been fighting all over the world for freedom, but I hadn't thought about how Europeans had divided up Africa and Africans as they did to African slaves during the TAST.

Uhm Selassie was no black hero mayne :mjlol: