Why was McNulty the only one to know about Barksdale's criminal empire?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
McNulty was a world class detective. The only other person on the show that was on his level was Lester.
Yea Lester and Mcnulty were the Justice League of the show meaning if they were after you they WILL catch you :ufdup:
Only difference was Lester had a stable life outside the police force

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
You know a show is good when the details on page 1 on a thread about it on a forum is better than most actual TV shows...

Also OP lol at you thinking your dad cracked The Wire’s credibility as a show (no disrespect).

Facts: most people consider The Wire to be the best television show of all time, that or The Sopranos.

Great explanation @Tasha And

Damn. I copped the Blu-Ray box, only other box I ever copped was the goat cac show 24, I gotta watch this from a-z again.

Too bad they didn’t make a movie with the actors (like 24 and X-Files)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You know a show is good when the details on page 1 on a thread about it on a forum is better than most actual TV shows...

Also OP lol at you thinking your dad cracked The Wire’s credibility as a show (no disrespect).

Facts: most people consider The Wire to be the best television show of all time, that or The Sopranos.

Great explanation @Tasha And

Damn. I copped the Blu-Ray box, only other box I ever copped was the goat cac show 24, I gotta watch this from a-z again.

Too bad they didn’t make a movie with the actors (like 24 and X-Files)

I didnt say he did
I enjoyed the Wire too
Calm down
But it was a good question that i didnt an answer for
And its fans really get on my nerves...you ready to bust out the barrels

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Nobody was concerned with the connecting the dots to nikkas serving poison to their own, in the hood, until bodies started dropping, beginning with DAngelo's dumb ass shooting somebody in broad day in front if security which made them go back and look at other bodies possibly connected. Before that, Barskdale crew was real low key, quiet, and just kept that shyt humming. DAngelo put them on the radar in a bad way.
After I watched season 1 again I have the opinion that the young boys beating up Jimmy (Bubbles CAC junkie buddy) being a catalyst for the downfall of the Barksdale empire. It's what triggered Bubs to start snitching and putting names to faces.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats what my Dad asked about when he saw the first episode

Been so long since I watched it i forgot the details of if there was a reason or not

Basically my dad was on that :mjpls:

In episode one, after D'Angelo was acquitted, McNulty explained to the judge that Stringer Bell burned him in a previous case. It was implied that was how McNulty learned about the organization. In fact, the only reason why McNulty was invested in the D'angelo' case was because McNulty was burned and he wanted to get back at Stringer Bell.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bunk could work a case.

Bunk was good but not on the level of McNulty and Lester. In fact whenever Bunk would hit a wall he'd usually go to one of those two for help.

Once you got past Bunk though the detective were pretty shytty. Even with as much praise as she got Kima never seemed all that good at detective work.

Then at the very bottom you had Herc's dumb ass.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bunk was good but not on the level of McNulty and Lester. In fact whenever Bunk would hit a wall he'd usually go to one of those two for help.

Once you got past Bunk though the detective were pretty shytty. Even with as much praise as she got Kima never seemed all that good at detective work.

Then at the very bottom you had Herc's dumb ass.
Yeah kima had to learn to be a detective.