Why Tyler the only rapper from OF to be a star

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Like him or not, besides Tyler and Frank. Everyone else kinda fell back to obscurity besides Syd/The Internet.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I mean you just named 3 that have had success, Earl is good artist, maybe not a star but he made some dope stuff. The only ones left I can remember were Hodgy beats and Domo Genesis and Hodgy is dating Nelly Furtado. Im not sure how much more success you could expect from a group that was kind of alt rap crew with a cult following. OF never had any hits as a group

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Earl has had a successful career. Could have been bigger but he chose a more niche, underground path.

Seems like most of them landed well. Taco is a popular model/fashion designer and actor. Syd still doing her thing. Domo had a nice run but I haven't peeped him in a minute. And obviously Frank is big but could have been a superstar if he wanted to.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Earl went left and seems to be doing everything possible to NOT be a star.

I’m not a Tyler fan in the slightest but from what I heard he was always the creative entity behind the group. The one with the “vision” so to speak. It makes sense that he’d be the one to breakout especially when the other most hyped guy (Earl) chose the underground

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He was always gonna be the one to shine. His talent is undeniable and he can navigate through styles easily, and has his own visual/musical identity. Also iirc he was the mastermind behind all the merchandising, visual content, community management, etc...of OF. So on top of being a talented rapper/producer he's a talented organizer and can manage different mediums and aspects of his career. Earl had the most hype but his time away really changed the course of his career and he decided to dwell in the underground. Domo is a good rapper but he doesn't really stand out like that. Syd and The Internet got their thing going on but in a different lane. Frank also doesn't seem to care about being a star. The other guys were niche even during OF's runs.