Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Tech wise... USA is very behind (which is odd seeing as ms and apple are us based)

right along with Tesla and Space X but this country would rather spend $ building bombs and fighters with the damn tech. How the fukk is Elon sending rockets to space every other month but we don’t even have trains that can go 150MPH

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right along with Tesla and Space X but this country would rather spend $ building bombs and fighters with the damn tech. How the fukk is Elon sending rockets to space every other month but we don’t even have trains that can go 150MPH
Exactly, it's mind blowing

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to know the answer, just follow the Houston-Dallas line drama that's going on. I know it's fun to say the US is behind on tech it something, but this is 100% a land rights issue. Lots of those types will damn sure own mineral rights and even air rights in many cases.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly, it's mind blowing

trash part about it is unless something drastically changed in the next 10 years we won’t see shyt. Someone would have buy our Amtrak and just re-do their whole infrastructure. And that won’t happen. The freight industry would lose their mind and CSX ain’t budging.

so what’s the alternative? The amount of $ it would take to buy up new land from let’s say Boston to DC would be ridiculous. And the government won’t help. So on a state level you’d have to convince these governors to use eminent domain and promise tons of jobs.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
The car and airline industries are ingrained in political corruption, the government doesn't want to ruin these allegiances. The American government will always decide in favor of their paying constituents, not what's best for people overall.
Pretty much anything where oil is not used. America’s public transit is shyt. High speed rail downs stand a chance.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I'm so jealous

e7179550aee687ec093a28603bbd877e.jpg

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
When my wife and I were dating, we would take Amtrak back and forth between NC and Alexandria. shyt would take 4 hours and may be delayed due to them using CSX's tracks. I remember them mufukkas saying a train slated to leave at 730 was delayed until 2PM :what:

The potential of getting to a destination over 200 miles away in an hour would be a blessing, especially if you don't live near an airport. I suspect there's some :mjpls: going on though bc the possibility of folks living in rural areas but able to work in urban areas? Might throw off them voting numbers lol

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This shyt goes all the way back to ford. He purposely sabotaged public transportation and went to war against it across the country in order to sell cars/create a car culture in America. You can't do shyt in this country for the general public without someone calling you a communist, anti-american or softie who hates money. In large part because a bunch of insanely rich motherfukkers in the late 18th/early 19th century decided to sow all of it up behind them for security.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When my wife and I were dating, we would take Amtrak back and forth between NC and Alexandria. shyt would take 4 hours and may be delayed due to them using CSX's tracks. I remember them mufukkas saying a train slated to leave at 730 was delayed until 2PM :what:

The potential of getting to a destination over 200 miles away in an hour would be a blessing, especially if you don't live near an airport. I suspect there's some :mjpls: going on though bc the possibility of folks living in rural areas but able to work in urban areas? Might throw off them voting numbers lol

whats Wild is the :mjpls: shyt with rail has been going on since forever. Take Amtrak along the north east and all of the tracks just happen to go thru poor areas with some very small exceptions. And when it does go thru and affluent city center, the tracks are underground or tucked away along part of the coastline where you can’t build shyt.

CSX has rail in a headlock and only a buyout or the govt Debo-ing them is going to change things. shyt is shameful when you have something like the Shinkansen in Japan with ZERO casualties in like 50+ years and we can barely get a train set to go 70MPH max speed.