Why the hell did Walter want to be Pablo Escobar?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Ego.

Dude was a brilliant chemist that won the Nobel Prize and the series starts with him teaching chemistry at a public high school and washing cars for extra money.

He founded and quit a now billion dollar business because he was at his rich girl's family's BBQ hanging out with people and for the first time wasn't the most impressive person in the room.

He knew he was the best at making meth and it felt great to get that recognition.
giphy-downsized.gif

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Because it was the one thing he was good at and succeeded in.

His marriage failed. Even when he was down n dirty his wofe didnt respect him and evn cheated with some bum. While...

He was dying

His ex/best friend stole his company and became huge successes

His brother in law treating him like a joke

All this lead to him wanting to throw it in their faces. A truly powerful man.

The power corrupted him

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Imagine going from a wimpy chemistry teacher, with cancer, to one of the biggest dealers in your area, making millions, having sex with hot women, buying houses, etc.

At first it was for survival, but like every game, the long you stay in it, the more you come to find two very twisted things about it....

The game is like the abyss, you stare at it and stares back at you, but its not so ambiguous, the game loves you, it needs you, you have fans now, the streets are buzzing with your name that is spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers. And who are you to deny greatness?

Daps
This, basically:

Fred.

Came in here to post a Jay lyric, but that works. :ehh:

The irony of sellin' drugs is sort of like you using it
Guess it's two sides to what substance abuse is
Can't stop, won't stop addicted to this new shyt

It's why, even tho I know I'm in the minority, I can't rock with the Skylar hate. Walt's the bad guy here, unnecessarily blew up his family due first to his pride then to his addiction.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

I'm on the last season and I'm rewatching episodes I'd only seen once.

This dude really killed Mike for nothing.

I get him trying to deal with Gus (he wanted to kill him), but, he steps in a game he really knows nothing about and gets all the chances to back out.

I got him wanting to deal with snitches, but, the Czech stuff is just stupid when it's just him selling without an estranged wife and DEA bro-in-law.
Because he spent his whole life regretting selling his 50 percent share in gray matter.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Imagine going from a wimpy chemistry teacher, with cancer, to one of the biggest dealers in your area, making millions, having sex with hot women, buying houses, etc.

At first it was for survival, but like every game, the long you stay in it, the more you come to find two very twisted things about it....

The game is like the abyss, you stare at it and stares back at you, but its not so ambiguous, the game loves you, it needs you, you have fans now, the streets are buzzing with your name that is spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers. And who are you to deny greatness?
I wish Walter would have had a nice little dime piece laying up at his town house while he was separated. He was very well entitled to have one too.

Imagine Skyler popping up at his crib and some 29 year old surgeon answers the door wearing nothing but one of Walter's button up shirts. That would have been :sas2::salute:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fam.
See my man Walt White was born for greatness. He always knew that.
He was a genius. Now the way life worked out he never got recognition for that. He should have....but due to a slight error in judgement some weasel looking dude named black got to take credit for what should have been a joint effort. He always carried that with him his whole life. Its burns your subconscious everytime you get the light bill. Like maaaaan im better than this. What happened? Why am i sweatin a bill. Im worth millions. My brain is worth millions. Why am i a gaddam school teacher!!!!!!Then that whole Cancer thing just plain made him paranoid crazy,like is this how im going down? Cancer? leaving my crippled son and wife with the bills? NAH!!!!!!!! No way. He just went mad IMO. He was doing all the drug dealin for himself the whole time from the beginning, at first he convinced himself it was for the family but by the end......we got the confession. Slowly while doing it he realized he just loves being naturally good at something so complicated,intricate,secretive,lucrative and powerful. Its like he found his true calling. This is what he was born for.
They say absolute power corrupts absolutely but the truth is even just a little power corrupts.......absolutely.