Why Russia targets Black voters in US elections

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
How many registered black voters decided not to vote because of online Russian propaganda? Show me the numbers? Anyone peddling this low impact bullshyt thinks black voters are stupid or easily influenced. In reality, we are some of the most sophisticated users of social media.

Anecdotally, can anyone find me at least a dozen or so black people that were legitimately influenced by that Russian gibberish messaging? You can find just about one Negro to say just about anything and go on television, yet I haven't seen one black person to date say they decided to not vote because of proven Russian bot activity.

The internet is not television where you are force-fed content. Older black voters who are the most reliable are voting regardless of whatever they see on Facebook and millennials tend to gravitate towards curated news and online spaces that emphasize their preexisting worldview on politics, voting, or whatever the fukk else.

I'm more liable to believe a random black person sent money to Prince Achbee to release funds than I would believe something they saw on Twitter in 2016 made them not want to vote that year.

Does Digital Sista, Nance, or any of these experts actually engage in black online spaces beyond following likes and retweets as engagement? Black Planet, BGOL, Black Voices, Okayplayer...I've used the black internet since the beginning and there's always been a vocal apolitical strain that resembles real-life. I've seen nothing to indicate anything has changed or that existing apolitical sentiments have been amplified by outsiders in any meaningful way that would sway a damn presidential election of all things. This has marginal impact in the worst case while other forms of voter suppression on the ground are actually more effective.
Did the Russians take a break in 2018 when black voter turnout increased? :pachaha:
Did negroes stop using social media that year? :flabbynsick:

The Russians will now (or once again like during the civil rights movement) be a handy excuse anytime black voter turn out dips. It will be another way to ignore or defuse black political apathy and whatever revolutionary or anti-establishment sentiments we may be expressing on the ground.

Last edited:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Anyone peddling this low impact bullshyt thinks black voters are stupid or easily influenced. In reality, we are some of the most sophisticated users of social media.
Literally any voter block can be influenced with enough resources to work with and its even more straightforward if there is tension or a feeling of disenfranchisement.

Like @ORDER_66 said this info isn't unique to this situation or new at all.

If you think that propoganda wont work in the social media era you are mistaken breh.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Literally any voter block can be influenced with enough resources to work with and its even more straightforward if there is tension or a feeling of disenfranchisement.

If you think that propoganda wont work in the social media era you are mistaken breh.

It's not that it can't work in theory. Black people are not immune from advertising or propaganda. It's about the degree to which it will sway the black electorate, which is unarguably the most loyal voting bloc in this country. Black American millennials are also arguably the most sophisticated users of online social media and platforms like Twitter. I need to see numbers or even a case study that these bots or propaganda (much of which is poor and reads like google translate) had any significant impact on black minds.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl

Why are black people still being blamed for trump being elected?

Show me how russia influenced black people who overwhelmingly voted for hillary anyway??

Ill wait

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It's very very tough to do that and succeed. Remember, the only successful campaign against Russia in known history was the Mongol attacks of 1222 and 1237. And they only succeeded because that's the best military the world has ever seen and in all likelihood will ever see. Not to mention 'Russia' of that era was a lot smaller in terms of territory and was comprised of loosely-allied independent states that often bickered with each other.

The problem with attacking Russia is the sheer size of it, and the fact that the vast majority of the country is inaccessible by sea; the only way to advance is by land. They have a geographic advantage like few other countries in the world, that makes fighting a defensive war particularly easy. They can just retreat and give up ground forever, until your supply lines are stretched too far (remember you can't reinforce and supply from the sea, everything has to be by land including your air force, which needs land-based airields and fuel stops to function). Then they turn around and pick you off when you're strung out and overstretched, spread too thin across that vast land. This is how they beat back Napoleon and Hitler. Hell, it's how the Mongols smashed the Russians themselves in 1223 at the battle of the Kalka River, by using those exact same tactics.

The other geographic problem for an invasion of Russia is directly related to why they are so strong in a defensive situation like I said above. The perfect counter to the Fabian strategy of retreating is to come at them from multiple angles. Then they're not retreating, they're being corralled and herded like cattle into the pen for slaughter. But you can't open up multiple angles of attack again because there's so little sea access. For the US, the only viable direction is to attack from the west through Europe, just like Hitler and Napoleon. Ideally you want to come at them from the west, from the south through the Caucasus, and from the east across Siberia. If you can manage to do that Russia is actually really easy to conquer. But it's not possible for one country alone to be able to do it. You need China, Korea, and Japan on your team to come from the west, you need whoever's willing in Central Asia to come from the south. So it's got to be a coalition of allies working together. And that's the hard part, getting a whole bunch of countries to agree to work together for a common goal.
Putin has to extend his term limits because he's terrified of being out of office

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
If we're only so-called 13% of the population and half of us don't vote....

Someone help me understand:mindblown:

US elections are RARELY won in landslides. Also, Black america is NOTORIOUSLY vocal about political choice and leanings. For 12% of the population we take up a TON of headspace in the American consiousness. For good or ill.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Russia was not influential in any way with black people voting patterns in 2016 and 2020. These are the same people who said ADOS were Russian bots. :camby: