Why pay to see a movie you know you won't like?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I’m talking about someone who has a voice or a following.
The OP is talking about someone seeing an early screening for the Avengers. If they are invited to see a screening they’re most likely a public figure so their opinion, whether good or bad, is going to be content for their profession.

I'm talking about average folks not someone whose job or persona relies on reviewing movies. Like why the hell would you go through the effort of obtaining tickets to a movie when going in you know you won't like it. You spending three hours of your day to see something you won't enjoy just so you can tell people you didn't enjoy it? WTF? Are you that desperate to enter a discussion?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
But why would you want to discuss something you don't like? Why not just ignore it entirely and spend your time on something you enjoy? Just seems like a loser mindset that you are so weak minded you feel you need to force yourself into experiencing something just because others are. I could never think like that.

There is so much I material that the general populace discusses that I just ignore because I haven't and really aren't stressed to see like Breaking Bad, Lost, Power, hell I skipped Justice League because I didn't like BvS.

The world is full of contradiction and sheep. + The premise of Inception about an idea being planted thru marketing.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don’t
Really was curious about Justice League but the portrayal of The Flash and Cybirg made me sit it out

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
He said people paying money breh. If you get a screening that’s one thing. He’s specifically talking about people who run into threads not being fans of a thing but will spend their money in order to talk about it. At least that’s how I read it.

I'm talking about average folks not someone whose job or persona relies on reviewing movies. Like why the hell would you go through the effort of obtaining tickets to a movie when going in you know you won't like it. You spending three hours of your day to see something you won't enjoy just so you can tell people you didn't enjoy it? WTF? Are you that desperate to enter a discussion?
I feel u on that. Playing devils advocate, what if a nikka genuinely don’t like it. Like they was a fan of all the other movies but this particular movie they tried to give it a chance and didn’t like and they’re expressing their opinions?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel u on that. Playing devils advocate, what if a nikka genuinely don’t like it. Like they was a fan of all the other movies but this particular movie they tried to give it a chance and didn’t like and they’re expressing their opinions?

That’s fine. But going into something saying you know you’re not going to like it but you’re willing to pay your hard earned money just so you don’t feel left out of an internet discussion is kinda sad :russ:

Example: I wasn’t a fan of Prometheus but I was willing to give alien covenant a shot because it looks like a correction and that I may like it more. So I was down for the plan. Then I saw it and immediately regretted it. That happens. But I didn’t say “man I wasn’t a fan of the first movie and I probably won’t be a fan of this one either but I’m seeing it tonight at 8”

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Devils advocate goes out the window when we talking about a series of 20 movies and you don't like any of them but you keep paying to see them because you don't wanna feel left out.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Devils advocate goes out the window when we talking about a series of 20 movies and you don't like any of them but you keep paying to see them because you don't wanna feel left out.
That’s just a weird ass nikka :pachaha:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm seeing statements such as "I don't like the Marvel movies at all, my IW screening is to
morrow and I'll give my thoughts then". Wait so you telling me you don't like Marvel movies but you are paying to see one tomorrow? Why? I've never gone out to pay to see something I know I won't like (unless it's something my girl wanted to see but that's clearly not the case here).

Do people really need to punish themselves by seeing something they hate just so they can complain about it later?

It would be hard for them to get they:troll: on. Funny thing is guys all like "looks like trash, might see on nextflix:troll:" but then talking all about it first day release. :mjlol:

mr x

Superstar
Daps

Could have saved that 200 dollars(approx)...bought two shares of disney stock(currently at 99.85)...then hope it goes up and:eat:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
If reviews are saying something is the greatest comic book movie of all time, you're gonna want to be proven wrong.

It's not disingenuous to say that its creators have failed you in the past.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly why I haven't seen Justice League yet.

shyt better be on HBO or Netflix before I even look at it. Not one penny or kilobyte of hard drive space is going to that movie.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That’s fine. But going into something saying you know you’re not going to like it but you’re willing to pay your hard earned money just so you don’t feel left out of an internet discussion is kinda sad :russ:

Example: I wasn’t a fan of Prometheus but I was willing to give alien covenant a shot because it looks like a correction and that I may like it more. So I was down for the plan. Then I saw it and immediately regretted it. That happens. But I didn’t say “man I wasn’t a fan of the first movie and I probably won’t be a fan of this one either but I’m seeing it tonight at 8”
@TheGodling and nolan films :smugnolan:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@TheGodling and nolan films :smugnolan:

Good fukking point:deadmanny: he cannot stand the man but will always pay his money to see his flicks
I cannot stand the man, it doesn't mean I don't automatically cannot stand his films.

Second of all, if I avoided movies because they look like garbage beforehand I would probably have missed out on as many good movies as I would have ended up seeing garbage movies.

But of course plebians such as yourselves make this entirely about big (blockbuster) movies and ignore there's a wide range of movies that fall far outside of the spectrum of your pathetic comfort zone of internet approved darlings. You guys couldn't step outside of your bubble even if your favorite podcast told you to have a mind of your own, so what do I care?