Why pay to see a movie you know you won't like?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'm seeing statements such as "I don't like the Marvel movies at all, my IW screening is tomorrow and I'll give my thoughts then". Wait so you telling me you don't like Marvel movies but you are paying to see one tomorrow? Why? I've never gone out to pay to see something I know I won't like (unless it's something my girl wanted to see but that's clearly not the case here).

Do people really need to punish themselves by seeing something they hate just so they can complain about it later?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm seeing statements such as "I don't like the Marvel movies at all, my IW screening is tomorrow and I'll give my thoughts then". Wait so you telling me you don't like Marvel movies but you are paying to see one tomorrow? Why? I've never gone out to pay to see something I know I won't like (unless it's something my girl wanted to see but that's clearly not the case here).

Do people really need to punish themselves by seeing something they hate just so they can complain about it later?
Great question but it’s also internet shyt today. Everyone wants to kick dirt on something. It’s the whole psychotic reasoning being “hate watching.” If you know you’re not interested in something then why pay money or waste the precious time with it.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
brand loyalty :birdman:

u thought it was easy havin to sit through batman v. superman?:birdman:

this is shyt is 4-Life cuz... through the good and the bad:birdman:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can’t have a valid discussion of something you didn’t see/experience.

I’d say don’t be a part of the discussion then. It’d be one thing if you’re getting paid to do so and it’s a key component of what you do to be a part of the discussion. But if it’s not I don’t see any value in it for real.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I’d say don’t be a part of the discussion then. It’d be one thing if you’re getting paid to do so and it’s a key component of what you do to be a part of the discussion. But if it’s not I don’t see any value in it for real.
I’m talking about someone who has a voice or a following.
The OP is talking about someone seeing an early screening for the Avengers. If they are invited to see a screening they’re most likely a public figure so their opinion, whether good or bad, is going to be content for their profession.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
People dont want to be left out of discussions.

But why would you want to discuss something you don't like? Why not just ignore it entirely and spend your time on something you enjoy? Just seems like a loser mindset that you are so weak minded you feel you need to force yourself into experiencing something just because others are. I could never think like that.

There is so much I material that the general populace discusses that I just ignore because I haven't and really aren't stressed to see like Breaking Bad, Lost, Power, hell I skipped Justice League because I didn't like BvS.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m talking about someone who has a voice or a following.
The OP is talking about someone seeing an early screening for the Avengers. If they are invited to see a screening they’re most likely a public figure so their opinion, whether good or bad, is going to be content for their profession.

He said people paying money breh. If you get a screening that’s one thing. He’s specifically talking about people who run into threads not being fans of a thing but will spend their money in order to talk about it. At least that’s how I read it.